The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Friday, October 15th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I don't dislike Hirsch as much as most. I think it's just an aversion to change. He's quirky, but he grew on me while listening to radio calls.

I really don't know how anyone can hate on Hirsch. The guy is a Canuck Alum, plus he's a bigger Canucks Homer than Cheech. Have people even heard some of the other horrible colour guys around the league?

Plus knowing what he went through with mental heath issues and him championing that fight around the league is nothing short of inspiring. Honestly, &^@# people who hate on Hirschy. B)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

They are beating us up physically as well. Happened less with Mac Imo

Philly's team is roughly the same size as ours, we have the guys to play that way 

Mac isn't going to magically change the way coaching wants the team to play 

Philly's also a poor example as this brand of hockey is very much a part of their historical identity 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Deets said:

I really don't know how anyone can hate on Hirsch. The guy is a Canuck Alum, plus he's a bigger Canucks Homer than Cheech. Have people even heard some of the other horrible colour guys around the league?

Plus knowing what he went through with mental heath issues and him championing that fight around the league is nothing short of inspiring. Honestly, &^@# people who hate on Hirschy. B)

He's a Blazer, I'll hate him to the end of time

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Nah, that's what Canucks fans do. They appreciate hard working players. 

The whole franchise' identity rests on "hard work". We've never had an unbelievably skilled team, but we love the guys who go to battle. 

That's why we loved Miller in his first season and hate him now unless he scores lol. 

Hes a 5.25m guy. Puts up points but has his moments thats for sure. Those locker room videos from the bubble + being a leader for the young guys as shown in training camp give me zero concern about how the rest of the boys view him. If he was perfect all across the board, He wouldn't have been traded multiple times and would have a 7+ m deal

Way more positives than negatives from what ive seen^_^

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Almost like our manager made some good choices for goaltending, eh?

Demko was a fantastic pick and his contract is great to. 
I much as I liked markstrom I though it was time to go with the YOUNG GUY. 
Amazing what happens when you give the youth a real chance even if they aren’t top ten Picks. 
to bad we won’t do it with our depth guys. 

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Agree 100%. This is why you need to develop goalies. Soo much of the game is mental, And a young mind can get crushed very easy

Yep. We played it right by letting Demko mature in the AHL and play backup to Marky for a while. Philly just kinda threw Hart right into the fire

• Vintage 2