The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, mckillah0 said:

Coaching rating: F

This.

What sloppy hockey, so uncoordinated all over the ice. Hoglander and Demko have been good, but the rest need to pull of their socks and make a pass. I'm not sure what system this is, but it needs to go. Just simplify and make a pass without giving it away. Enough with the giveaway breakaways!

I'm impressed with our D core. Honestly, I was concerned going into the season without Hammer. I think they've done well, and with the addition of Hammonic I think we'll have a pretty good blue line. Give Benning credit. 

This is why I'm optimistic for this year. Our top line is slumping big-time and we still look competitive. There's no doubt the guys will put it together. Timing is a huge part of going far in the off-season. If we can sneak into the playoffs we could be a dark horse. Remember the Blues a few years ago. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Petey  is either hitting the crest or missing the net 

Yea, he should be removed from the 1st PP unit.  let's be realistic, he fumbles the puck, has made several bad passes, gets mowed down on battles along the boards and can't hit the net.  He should be moved onto the 3rd or 4th line and on the 2nd PP unit until he gets back in the swing of things.   He's definately not on his game and putting him into prominent roles is the last things he needs to rebuild his confidence..

8 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Petey  is either hitting the crest or missing the net 

Yea, he should be removed from the 1st PP unit.  let's be realistic, he fumbles the puck, has made several bad passes, gets mowed down on battles along the boards and can't hit the net.  He should be moved onto the 3rd or 4th line and on the 2nd PP unit until he gets back in the swing of things.   He's definately not on his game and putting him into prominent roles is the last things he needs to rebuild his confidence..

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Been downhill since Pat Quinn.

?

We had our most successful tenure in history with those President's Trophies and Stanley Cup finals appearance in 2011 under Vigneault.

Wouldn't necessarily call that downhill.

As much as I love Pat, I don't think he's ever accomplished anything like that with this team except for that finals appearance.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

Just now, Deets said:

I'm impressed with our D core. Honestly, I was concerned going into the season without Hammer. I think they've done well, and with the addition of Hammonic I think we'll have a pretty good blue line. Give Benning credit. 

This is why I'm optimistic for this year. Our top line is slumping big-time and we still look competitive. There's no doubt the guys will put it together. Timing is a huge part of going far in the off-season. If we can sneak into the playoffs we could be a dark horse. Remember the Blues a few years ago. 

The irony is this is by far their worst game yet. Defense looks bad tonight. Other games I think they've looked good though. 

• Upvote 2

The 1st Minnesota goal was a result of our defensman breaking defensive rule No. 1 - don't let players get behind you as a defenceman.

The 2nd Minnesota goal was a result of our defensman breaking defensive rule No. 2 - clear the zone along the sides.

These are basics taugh at Pee-wee level and reinforced by good coaches.

BTW, who the heck is our "whiz bang" defensive coach failing to teach such basics and why is he still employed as our canucks defensive coach - with such poor defensive work and attrocious PK'ing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1