The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which is the BEST contract that was signed in the summer of 2021?

Rate this topic

Which is the BEST contract that was signed in the summer of 2021?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha, you knew this one was coming, right?  :)

So who you got?  I think this one will be much tougher than the other one.  Remember, you can only pick one.  Is the little Elf going to get some votes?  :frantic:

Have fun and enjoy...  :)

I went with Landeskog because I think it's the best of the UFA contracts. Some of the RFA contracts have the potential to be huge steals (like Svechnikov or Garland), but UFA contracts are generally super inflated and Landeskog actually seems to be worth his.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I said Garland.

But Poolman might be the biggest steal.

RHD.

$2.5 Million for 4 years. 

A steady d-man, and actually shoots. 

Poolman is a steal of a deal.  Big, skilled, tough, smart, top four RHD for 2.5 x four of his prime years.  

Garland is a great signing too.  5 x 5 for his prime years.

Hughes is better than Makar and we got him for way less.  

We WIN!  Other teams suck old socks! 

• Cheers 2

I went with Heiskanen.

8.45 million for a franchise defenseman is tremendous value.  Furthermore, there’s a really good chance that Heiskanen will

makw his contract look like a bargain in all eight of those years given his age.  

Fans often overlook Heiskanen since he’s not as flashy as a guy like Makar, but he’s right on there with him.  MH has a very strong two way game.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Define best. Best for the player or best for the team? If it is for the team, Taylor Hall looks like a bargain considering his history, and Conor Garland's deal also looks good. If it is for the player, Darnell Nurse (8 yr x $9.25 million) and Seth Jones (8 yr x $9.5 million extension begins next season)both made off like bandits.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Define best. Best for the player or best for the team? If it is for the team, Taylor Hall looks like a bargain considering his history, and Conor Garland's deal also looks good. If it is for the player, Darnell Nurse (8 yr x $9.25 million) and Seth Jones (8 yr x $9.5 million extension begins next season)both made off like bandits.

Well from a fan's perspective, a deal is only "good" if it is best for the team. From a competitive (thus enjoyment for us) standpoint, we don't benefit at all when guys are being overpaid (I mean, aside from the fact that the Oilers and Blackhawks can screw themselves lol) 

• Like 1