The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

if MacEwen was still here he would go after Nurse or some Greaser and force Kassian to fight him. Now all he has to do is avoid Schenn because we have nobody in our forwards that can do anything to him. 

Schenn tried, but Kassian wouldn't answer 

Twice 

• Vintage 1

When was the last time we scored the first goal.

Men against boys. Maybe our best players aren't that elite after all. You know who I'm talking about.

Hughes, Demko and Bo can't do it all...

And we always try to be so cute, bank passes and slap passes.. just shoot the damn puck at the goalie, when you're slumping keep it simple.

But green is coaching these guys like it's an all star team skills comp.

Fire all the coaches or Fire Benning 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Kassian needs to answer the bell, you don't throw hits like that and just skate off 

&^@#ing bitch 

Problem is, they’re just good hits. Nothing illegal, no foul play…

we just need to answer it.

Sometimes I wonder if our guys are suffering from what they call post-Covid syndrome. 

There’s a general lethargy and/or a lack of mental sharpness, that can be hard to shake. It is said to take, 6 months to a year, for high-performance athletes…like a post-concussion syndrome, I kid you not. Can any medical personnel out there verify this rumour? I presume every case is different but…

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

I'm curious as to why people think they can just turn this team around and start winning a whole bunch ? There's been no evidence that anyone knows how to make this team any better.  

I think the bubble "playoff run" gave us, the organization and the city, a false sense of identity. That small sample size was possibly the anomaly. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, amplified0ne said:

We dont have a hard forechecking system yet we give up odd man rushes like no tomorrow, bizarre.  5 guys back in the neutral zone defending the 1-0 deficit.  That's totally systems play. 

ummm the Coilers have us penned in our dzone

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Schenn tried, but Kassian wouldn't answer 

Twice 

&^@#ing pussy

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

I'm curious as to why people think they can just turn this team around and start winning a whole bunch ? There's been no evidence that anyone knows how to make this team any better.  

How about starting with winning one period. Outshot every game. Slow. Not one dominating period where you could say hey I see how this team could be good. It’s just ugly.