The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

That 2 PK goals a game will make sure this team is dead last. On the bright side, if this continues maybe we can draft 1st for 1st time in history.

There's no guarantee that we'd draft first by coming dead last. Not the way the draft lottery works. And with our Canuck luck we'd never win the lottery.

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

The guy he replaced took us to the finals and had us at the top of the league for 3-4 years 

And then destroyed the core gifted to him by Burke and Nonis through his terrible drafting and trades.  We're still suffering the aftermath of Gillis' incompetence.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I’ll be cheering for the team either way on Wednesday but I can’t imagine that arena right now if Green is still the coach. Wowzers. Interesting times!

Well, it’s basically the owners saying it’s ok to lose and that they don’t care if they  play poorly if they don’t do something. The bad thing is this is no quick fix. A new coach still has the same roster. This roster is poorly put together. We need a new gm that has a winning vision. Let me rephrase that, any sort of vision. One thing this organization lacks is an identity from ownership down but even if they fire the coach, the next coach has a poorly constructed lineup to deal with.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Bo can be a part of a winning team.  So can Elias.  So can Miller.  So can Huggy.  

All four of those guys need to be benched for a game and be told that they're not bigger then the team.  

Bo is not supporting the d-men on breakouts and is constantly blowing the zones. 

Elias... always two steps slow on the forecheck.  Couldn't count how many times he was late in as a second forward. 

Miller has been our best forward lately but then gets down and just coasts on the ice. 

Huggy is pretty selfish with his ice time on the power play and on 3 on 3 overtime.  

I wouldn't trade any of them for now, but they all need to be knocked down a peg.  

I don't think Huggy is the reason he's getting a lot of ice time on the PP and OT.  He's also a really good D in those situations as well so I wouldn't actually make any comments on him.  He and OEL have been by far our best players not named Demko this season with maybe Miller as a decently close third.  I wish they, along with our other D were able to break up cross ice passes a bit better though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

There's no guarantee that we'd draft first by coming dead last. Not the way the draft lottery works. And with our Canuck luck we'd never win the lottery.

Was going to post this. Even if we had the worse record in the league, I am willing to bet we'd still land the fifth &^@#ing pick in the draft. 

The horrors of supporting and cheering for this team. 

• Like 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd still like to see what an actual NHL coach would be able to do.  Green wouldn't be able to get the 1980's Oilers into the playoffs.

It’s not just the coach heffy.  I agree green is bad but look at our d.  Look at our 3c, look at our toughness.  

this reminds me of bob mccammon. Team was losing part way through the season  and Quinn fired him.  Quinn replaced him behind the bench.  They still sucked the rest of the year 

It wasn’t till they made multiple personnel changes till they turned it around in the next years. 

this goes deeper than the coach.