The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Low point for me as a fan. Seen some bad teams along the way spanning four decades. What I'm seeing and watching is pitiful and didn't need to happen. That's what has me so down. Just so many recent mistakes from personnel to re-signing Coach Ghandi. At the very least JB has to be handcuffed from making any more mistakes. Green has to be let go. The scarring damage to the good players on this team has begun. Same with the fan base. I will always be a fan but I have to admit I am losing some passion for this team. Just so many mistakes. I've disliked our style for almost a decade and have held out hope, but here we are. Frig. 

They are playing worst than John Tortorella or Willie D Canucks and I thought that was impossible with this roster 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Yeah I agree it’s not great but for the most part he was drafting in the 20s where it’s more of a crap shoot .  I suspect he would have some good picks if he had the luxury of drafting in the top quarter of the first two rounds for 5 or more years 

Perhaps, but he was experimenting alot during those years - especially, in the draft.  Maybe, some time away had cause some reflection but he might be more suited for the POH position...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

I honestly don't really care anymore, and that's the most damning part.

Even WD-coached teams couldn't make me stop caring outright.

When WD was coaching, we sucked but it was understandable because the roster was bad. Sure, it was frustrating that he kept on playing Megna and Chaput but to some degree, it made sense since we had no one.

But now? It's inexcusable. Why everyone starts sucking is a mystery to me. 

There's no chemistry. There's no one willing to go to the hard areas, well except Hoglander.  

And, why did we even get Brad Shaw if he's not going to handle the defence? This tells me there's quite a bit of politics and power struggle going on amongst the coaching staff.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Low point for me as a fan. Seen some bad teams along the way spanning four decades. What I'm seeing and watching is pitiful and didn't need to happen. That's what has me so down. Just so many recent mistakes from personnel to re-signing Coach Ghandi. At the very least JB has to be handcuffed from making any more mistakes. Green has to be let go. The scarring damage to the good players on this team has begun. Same with the fan base. I will always be a fan but I have to admit I am losing some passion for this team. Just so many mistakes. I've disliked our style for almost a decade and have held out hope, but here we are. Frig. 

Good post man.  I have been watching for a long time too and I’m trying to recall how many times I’ve felt this disappointed

and embarrassed.  Maybe during the messier years and in 90/91.

In the 80s I expected to lose with the

power house Alberta teams in the division.  And early in Bennings tenure ( up to 5 years in)  I wasnt expecting much.

imho this regime is out of excuses.  They need a new management team and new coach 

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

We should just hire Mike Babcock.

The guy has probably done some self reflection and he deserves another chance.

He was thought of as the best coach in the league for years.  Give the guy another shot.

These players could use some sandpaper, some tough love.  They have zero respect for this current staff.

No way Babs comes near this tire fire when he’s still getting paid millions to coach a Canadian university team with zero pressure. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe Schmidt was onto something too

Schmidt was a huge telltale sign because he's your classic energy guy on a top team. Keeping everything light and having a laugh. 

But he lost that spark within weeks of coming over because it seemed the team was way too focused on being overly professional and always about winning so he was rubbing some people the wrong way. 

We knew the team was fairly serious already so I was hoping Schmidt would push us into that better team-oriented environment but it backfired completely. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Anyone else notice how gross Travis is with his tongue sticking out and moving around all the time???

Tyra Banks Flirting GIF

He’s salivating because he’s about to be paid for another of year of coaching while actually sitting on his arse at home

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AC30 said:

Patterson kicked ass in his first year 

he’s not the problem 

the problem is the culture 

the GM coaching staff and captain 

And second year. And the last games before he was injured last season. His slow start last year was mostly bad luck. He was leading the league in posts by a long shot 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3