The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Justin Bailey

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OMG... so that means someone is joining the team....

OK, let's not get too excited... It's probably Petan or Di Giuseppe!

It's more likely due to Cap management and the fact that we now have Motte healthy and ready to play. Bailey is better getting playing time in Abbotsford.

I agree with the comments here that he's got the wheels, but just can't seem to find the puck skills in the NHL.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's more likely due to Cap management and the fact that we now have Motte healthy and ready to play. Bailey is better getting playing time in Abbotsford.

I agree with the comments here that he's got the wheels, but just can't seem to find the puck skills in the NHL.

Time to bring up Klimovich!! Maybe that will inspire Podz too... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Nice straight line speed and hustle, but his hockey IQ and puck skills are nowhere near NHL level. 

It's too bad.  There was some promise for Bailey last season.  He's had a good opportunity this season but has not looked good.  Maybe it's partly because the rest of the team has been struggling so much.

• Cheers 1

I like Bailey, but this makes sense. Love the speed, but hasn't done much of anything else. Give him time in Abby, maybe he'll find a new element to his game. 

I'd love to see Lockwood given a shot. I thought he looked great in preseason and played hard. 

Also could see Di Giuseppe get called up. He's a center I believe and can PK right? At this point why not, we need to try something new.  

• Upvote 1