The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It 100% does because it means they’d likely have to go without a captain for at least a couple years.

Teams without captains are usually the ones going through a major transformation. That’s not marketable for Aquaman.

BUT IT IS. This is part of the reason I hate that Dingus owner so much. Teams with strong fan bases can rebuild. As fans, we just need transparency and honesty. The Rangers sent out their letter, and fans stuck it out. Montreal embaraced the rebuild and their fans leaned into a hard working young team. 

What this franchise has done to it's fans over the last handful of years has been low down  dirty. I hope this franchises value keeps tanking, I hope Dingus looses boat loads of money. It's self inflicted for being such a terrible owner.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep it’s gonna come down to either re-signing Bo or taking an offer that keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Ownership will not allow a rebuild so any trade involving picks and prospects is a no go. They’ll need to get back a marketable young center or D man or another impact player around Bo’s age plain and simple.

If that's the case, Ekblad fits it to a tee.  The questions is what would price be?

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To Aquilini is what we are going through now and have been for a decade actually worse for Aquilini though?  

If he was a real die-hard hockey fan, then yes. If I were running the team I'd feel terrible for putting this product on the ice for some of the best fans in the league. Rebuilding properly and bringing a cup to Vancouver would be one of the greatest events in the city's history, and I'm not even exaggerating! That could be his legacy. 

Doesn't seem like he's a real fan of the game though, or he's just an incompetent meddler. He's pretty private so it's hard to get a sense for where his ambitions lie.

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

It will be loner than 2-3 years.

Regardless, sucks see all these other teams that will be ready to pass us. Ducks are going to have McTavish, Zegras and one of Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson as their top 3 centres.

I was more talking about what should of happened after being swept by the Sharks in 2013. Tear it down after that like we should have and who knows where we’d be right now. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It 100% does because it means they’d likely have to go without a captain for at least a couple years.

Teams without captains are usually the ones going through a major transformation. That’s not marketable for Aquaman.

EP would be the captain.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Maybe eventually but not right away.

If he would even want it. He's not terribly comfortable in front of the media, so I could see him not wanting it at all. He certainly leads by example, but I could see him as captain having a detrimental effect on his confidence. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

And we can't seem to play a 60 minute game.

Too easy to play against. 

I like our fourth line, they're tough (Joshua-Aman-Lazar)

I like our first line, they're score a ton and backcheck hard (Kuzy-Petey-Mik)

I don't like whats in between. I think if Miller is moved to center, and given better defensive wingers he'll perform. He was really good with Pearson and Garland (or Boeser instead of Garland) last year. 

Neither Boeser nor Garland should be on a 3rd line in my opinion. Need to ship one of them out, and rebuild the third line to be tough as nails. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If he would even want it. He's not terribly comfortable in front of the media, so I could see him not wanting it at all. He certainly leads by example, but I could see him as captain having a detrimental effect on his confidence. 

Definitely.

This team has this need to make their best player captain it seems. That’s not always the best strategy.

I would argue a player like Naslund could have had a better career had he not been named captain. The burden often seemed too much at times.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I wouldn't want to just hand it over to the next person who might be able to do the job, we did that in the past. I would rather go with assistants until that next Captain is an obvious choice. Take for example right now, that would be Schenn or someone similar to him. A younger Schenn would be perfect. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Too easy to play against. 

I like our fourth line, they're tough (Joshua-Aman-Lazar)

I like our first line, they're score a ton and backcheck hard (Kuzy-Petey-Mik)

I don't like whats in between. I think if Miller is moved to center, and given better defensive wingers he'll perform. He was really good with Pearson and Garland (or Boeser instead of Garland) last year. 

Neither Boeser nor Garland should be on a 3rd line in my opinion. Need to ship one of them out, and rebuild the third line to be tough as nails. 

exactly!  We have two good lines, for the roles they play.  Miller with Anthony Mantha and Josh Anderson would make an excellent second line, and give us three lines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB5 said:

Exactly what I have been saying. On top of being Benning's core minus a rebuilt fourth line (big whoop) and support players..... the management team has also made Benning-ish moves by trading picks and prospects and signing guys to term and money instead of moving them for assets.

Gotta say that I'm happy that they are not making moves just for the sake of making moves. We need the right trade to reset our overall team dynamics.

I think management has tried to deflect results on the ice over to Bruce, but its the lack of changes on the blueline that I believe is causing our problem. That and some players (Miller included) are making Rookie mistakes way too often with the puck.

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I wouldn't want to just hand it over to the next person who might be able to do the job, we did that in the past. I would rather go with assistants until that next Captain is an obvious choice. Take for example right now, that would be Schenn or someone similar to him. A younger Schenn would be perfect. 

IF the locker room rumours are true, they need to figure out that situation first before naming anyone new. IF Miller is the problem, handing him the C would make us even more of a joke.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

If Ekblad is on the table, I'll drive Bo to the airport myself. 

Hughes - Ekblad

OEL - Bear

Dermott - Schenn

He's exactly the dman we've needed since forever.  Even Tampa thought of trading Hedman before he really put it all together in his late 20's and won 2 cups.  Now it seems crazy they ever thought of trading him.  

But that doesn’t solve anything…….then you have a huge gap at C instead of D and no cap to fix it