The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wrong.  Bo will re-sign with us before the TDL because our owner wants it.  Zero chance Bo is thinking as you suggest.  Bo is a class act, high character teammate and family man.  He will stay.  7 mil x 8 years.  Guaranteed. 

Wrong again. You were telling us all Spring and Summer that Miller was getting traded. Didn’t happen.

You are wrong here as well. Bo is as good as gone and the writing has been on the wall for at least 2 months.

• Cheers 2

Just now, aliboy said:

Is there a reason to believe it was the owner? I'm thinking it may have been Allvin whom I feel was low balling guys, just a hunch. It has been reported that the opening offer to Bo started with a 5, and I would expect they brought up the consistency issue, which all lit a fire under Bo to have a great season and then get out of here.

Pa and JR came out and said multiple times Horvat is part of the future and a priority going into the summer never once said it about miller. 
then at the draft “ask Vancouver what happened” lou lam 

Followed by we sign miller to an anchor and low ball horvat. 

history repeats itself with this shit owner. 
this team can not win with this ownership and we will continue lose more good players because of him. 

I look at who pa and jr brought in and what they paid them I highly doubt they felt Bo was only worth a couple hundred grand more than mik. 
Now  rumours they offered him a similar deal to millers is more like what I’d expect from them and it’s to late. 
no one in there right mind offers a pay decrease to a 30 goal scorer and top 2 Center coming into his prime. (Less than boeser) 

lololololololololol. 

That’s not a GM because a gm would get fired for for such a stupid move. That’s a clueless classless POS owner. 

PA made it very clear this is the franchise direction not his 

“ the franchise isn’t interested in a rebuild” 

his quote on after hours 

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Pa and JR came out and said multiple times Horvat is part of the future and a priority going into the summer never once said it about miller. 
then at the draft “ask Vancouver what happened” lou lam 

Followed by we sign miller to an anchor and low ball horvat. 

history repeats itself with this shit owner. 
this team can not win with this ownership and we will continue lose more good players because of him. 

I look at who pa and jr brought in and what they paid them I highly doubt they felt Bo was only worth a couple hundred grand more than mik. 
Now  rumours they offered him a similar deal to millers is more like what I’d expect from them and it’s to late. 
no one in there right mind offers a pay decrease to a 30 goal scorer and top 2 Center coming into his prime. (Less than boeser) 

lololololololololol. 

That’s not a GM because a gm would get fired for for such a stupid move. That’s a clueless classless POS owner. 

PA made it very clear this is the franchise direction not his 

“ the franchise isn’t interested in a rebuild” 

his quote on after hours 

The last deal Bo turned down was under $50M, so it's assumed it was 7x7, it was not a Miller offer. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s not saying he won’t negotiate though.  He just doesn’t want to talk about it.  He will sign before the TDL.  56 mil.  That’s the number. 

Totally. He’s just saying what he’s told to say. Doesn’t mean squat. I’ve said all along give him Jts money and juice the term somehow. He’s a extended before the TDL. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like a lot of things new management  team have done in 12 months.

1.Winning the Kuzmenko sweepstakes this past summer over many other NHL teams.

2.Mikheyev 28 - great speed and solid 200 foot game.. Should produce 24--26 G --   48--55 points

3. Bear 25 -RD  Looks very good should be a # 3 D MAN--Also add Pederson in the trade playing well also..

5. Off season signing Lazar  26 and Joshua 26 very good depth player 

4. Signing Miller 29 before Horvat  27 last summer was a mistake....Horvat will cost 7 yrs X 8.4 million now..I would not sign Horvat to that contract..Last summer bet Horvat would of taken  7 X 7.2 million

5. Signing Filip Johansson RD 22-- having a great season..Also signed Aman play good # 4 centre..

6. Stillman #7 or #8 -- Give up 2nd rounder to unload Dickinson

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like a lot of things new management did team have done in 12 months.

1.Winning the Kuzmenko sweepstakes this past summer over many other NHL teams.

2.Mikheyev 28 - great speed and solid 200 foot game.. Should produce 24--26 G --   48--55 points

3. Bear 25 -RD  Looks very good should be a # 3 D MAN--Also add Pederson in the trade playing well also..

5. Off season signing Lazar  26 and Joshua 26 very good depth player 

4. Signing Miller 29 before Horvat  27 last summer was a mistake....Horvat will cost 7 yrs X 8.4 million now..I would not sign Horvat to that contract..Last summer bet Horvat would of taken  7 X 7.2 million

5. Signing Filip Johansson RD 22-- having a great season..Also signed Aman play good # 4 centre..

So why not sign Bo for 8 years to reduce the cap to 7.2?  Then that’s a great cap allocation for a super important piece to our core. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So why not sign Bo for 8 years to reduce the cap to 7.2?  Then that’s a great cap allocation for a super important piece to our core. 

I don't think Horvat will sign under 8.5 million now? If Canucks trade him I sure hope return is big..

I think Colorado will be #1 team after him..

1. Colorado - team has so much talent missing solid #2 C - For a long cup run.. Need to put chips in..

2.. Boston - team having a great year and there #1 and #2 centre men are over 34--

3. Carolina -- Horvat is key to cup final solid centre they need..--So close need to put serious trade offer...

4. Minnesota Wild -- Team needs a centre like Horvat.

5. NYI  - 6 - Columbus 7.

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo's maximum total dollars they he will ever get is $63 million.  That's the best case scenario as a UFA, 9x7.  The Canucks just have to give him a little less than that and there is no reason he shouldn't re-sign.  7.75x8 is Couturier money.  He should take that and be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bo's maximum total dollars they he will ever get is $63 million.  That's the best case scenario as a UFA, 9x7.  The Canucks just have to give him a little less than that and there is no reason he shouldn't re-sign.  7.75x8 is Couturier money.  He should take that and be happy. 

If Bo doesn’t take that kind of offer he won’t be happy, because his wife will be pissed.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If I was captain of my team, and I knew that we were missing pieces, and that trading me in a contract year could get my club those pieces, and all it would require of me was to take some time off of playing for my team, to spend a month or so playing for another team, and then sign back in the summer and keep on doing what I do, but with a better team, I'd seriously have to consider it, wouldn't I?  I mean, I want to be on a team that wins the cup for my city, after all.

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is what I'm thinking, or $7.5x8.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Bo doesn’t take that kind of offer he won’t be happy, because his wife will be pissed.  

Most wives get pissed anyways,

Me, I’m not a survivor of menopause..   ruined me .

;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Solinar said:

If I was captain of my team, and I knew that we were missing pieces, and that trading me in a contract year could get my club those pieces, and all it would require of me was to take some time off of playing for my team, to spend a month or so playing for another team, and then sign back in the summer and keep on doing what I do, but with a better team, I'd seriously have to consider it, wouldn't I?  I mean, I want to be on a team that wins the cup for my city, after all.

Sure. That’s why it happens all the time.   Oh wait. No it doesn’t.  

I love watching Bo score, but it scares me how much his contract value goes up every time he gets a goal. He might tie or beat his career high before the halfway mark of the season. He’s just killing it. God I wish management had prioritized his contract sooner. The only real positive takeaway is if he does end up being traded by the deadline, he might have a good amount of value compared to what he had before. So either we get a really good return or we pay him probably 1-1.5 mil higher than we would have 6 months ago. Kind of a weird spot to be in. 

11 hours ago, wildcam said:

I don't think Horvat will sign under 8.5 million now? If Canucks trade him I sure hope return is big..

I think Colorado will be #1 team after him..

1. Colorado - team has so much talent missing solid #2 C - For a long cup run.. Need to put chips in..

2.. Boston - team having a great year and there #1 and #2 centre men are over 34--

3. Carolina -- Horvat is key to cup final solid centre they need..--So close need to put serious trade offer...

4. Minnesota Wild -- Team needs a centre like Horvat.

5. NYI  - 6 - Columbus 7.

Agree with 1-3 being the most likely landing spot for Bo. 

Colorado won with Kadri. They can win with Bo. 

Boston could have Bergeron-Krejici-Horvat. Don’t think any team will match that depth at center. Could give them a push needed to win— though i wouldn’t be cheering for them and Marchand even for Horvat. 

Canes are at a stage where need to make progress in the playoffs. They could use a veteran reliable center like Bo. 

I hope he goes to Colorado but have a bad feeling that he’s ending up in Boston. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I love watching Bo score, but it scares me how much his contract value goes up every time he gets a goal. He might tie or beat his career high before the halfway mark of the season. He’s just killing it. God I wish management had prioritized his contract sooner. The only real positive takeaway is if he does end up being traded by the deadline, he might have a good amount of value compared to what he had before. So either we get a really good return or we pay him probably 1-1.5 mil higher than we would have 6 months ago. Kind of a weird spot to be in. 

Statistical anomaly. Bo is going to hit 50 goals.

Kadri would have hit 100 points last season on a full season. 

Kreider scored 50 goals (although that was after contract). 

both of those players are a comparable for Bo. I think the fair value still stands at 7. Considering the cap going up, some team will offer 8+. He won’t be back. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, jyu said:

Statistical anomaly. Bo is going to hit 50 goals.

Kadri would have hit 100 points last season on a full season. 

Kreider scored 50 goals (although that was after contract). 

both of those players are a comparable for Bo. I think the fair value still stands at 7. Considering the cap going up, some team will offer 8+. He won’t be back. 

We will sign Bo to 7 x 8 years.  He’s not leaving.  Accept it.

Aquilini hired JR to build around our core five.  Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller, Bo.  These five will all stay.  The supporting cast will change.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will sign Bo to 7 x 8 years.  He’s not leaving.  Accept it.

Aquilini hired JR to build around our core five.  Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller, Bo.  These five will all stay.  The supporting cast will change.  

tbh honest, it depends on 2 things:

1. What Aquaman wants

2.if a team makes them a trade offer they cannot refuse