The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

As much as it is a discussion board they retired years ago. Jerseys are in the rafters and they’re off to the HOF. Not much gained dwelling on it. 

Who is dwelling on it?My opinion is I myself would have done it different.I understand why they did what was best for them.You saying I am dwelling on it seems to be you do not understand that people might have done it different but still are good with their decision which I have said.Are you trolling or what?

Edited by cripplereh

5 hours ago, combover said:

8BF764EA-7E90-4F5E-B8AB-B28CEF17FC23.jpeg.f08b882d979c6d32a8a860461fa5bb76.jpeg

some one did. They got fire and we (the fans) got screwed. 
ownership has been a problem here since they got full control nothing will change until they are gone. 

Fans were also the ones chanting Fire Gillis.  

That's why I never support drunk masses throwing jerseys and throwing fits.  One thing to consider is that Mike Gillis never showed any signs that he could draft properly.  

On 10/27/2022 at 7:57 PM, combover said:

Horvats probably happy he didn’t resign yet. He can get out this train wreck franchise. 

regardless he's prolly happy he didn't sign yet at the rate he's scoring at.. prolly won't be able to keep the pace at 54 goals/82 but he's prolly on pace for new career high i'm pretty sure the last larsson goal with be changed to horvat.. at this rate he prolly priced himself out of vancouver.. but i'm sure the trade bo camp here will still argue he's a 3c worth under 6mil and he can only score on the PP even though he's officially a 2c now with 4 of his 6 goals either 5v5/SH.. Miller other than faceoff is a terrible center because he doesn't do his defensive responsibility

26 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah if the rumours of the lowball offer were true I think horvat  wisely bet on himself and he’s playing himself into a hefty payday here or somewhere else. The people calling him a 3c are clueless. 
kinda funny miller only started playing well after he got put  horvats wing. I’ve said it before some of the fans on here don’t appreciate how much he actually does (like tanev) and if he leaves are going to be in for a rude awaking. 
 We need a big season out of him and for his sake to he’s had to endure the garbage  JB era when he was handed  trash for libemates,  he’s paid his dues and deserves a big year and big payday. 

I think we're seeing BB transition into a more classic top 6 bottom 6 scenario, which would explain the trade for Studnucka. Petey and the new Russians looks better all the time, and that Garland-Bo-Miller line is great but I would like to see Podz up there and Garland with Aman but if its working maybe leave it alone too. 

If we can set up a really grinding bottom 6 I like our chances to get out of this hole. I wonder if Joshua is going to lose his spot to Studnicka?

Well it looks like the running with 3 lines experiment is over.  Didn't think it was going to work and it didn't.  We need an actual 3C on this team.  BO isn't a 3C, never was.  He's a 2C.  

Miller looks more comfortable on the wing so he really needs to stay there at this point and we need to run with 2 scoring lines.  The question now is what does management do with BO?  If he is going to be a 2C on this team then how can you trade him now?  The point of trading him was that Boudreau was using him as a 3C and had Miller as a 1C.  Now that Miller is on the wing we actually need BO as our 2C and we need a 3C.

Management has put themselves in quite a predicament here.  Will they cave and give BO what he wants, or will they trade him?  If they trade him then we need a 2C and a 3C.  In my opinion, you need to keep BO at this point, offer him a 7x8 contract and see if that works.  

The one guy that really needs to get traded is Boeser.  Put a package together with Boeser to get a proper 3C.  With Miller on the wing we have more than enough wingers.  If management wants to retool on the fly then Hoglander and Rathbone should be on the table in order to get more help on defence and a proper 3C.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well it looks like the running with 3 lines experiment is over.  Didn't think it was going to work and it didn't.  We need an actual 3C on this team.  BO isn't a 3C, never was.  He's a 2C.  

it was worth the experiment tho to find out that Petey can centre his own line now, and I love the chemistry building with him Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. I don't think we've seen anything close to their best yet.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller looks more comfortable on the wing so he really needs to stay there at this point and we need to run with 2 scoring lines.  The question now is what does management do with BO?  If he is going to be a 2C on this team then how can you trade him now?  The point of trading him was that Boudreau was using him as a 3C and had Miller as a 1C.  Now that Miller is on the wing we actually need BO as our 2C and we need a 3C.

Management has put themselves in quite a predicament here.  Will they cave and give BO what he wants, or will they trade him?  If they trade him then we need a 2C and a 3C.  In my opinion, you need to keep BO at this point, offer him a 7x8 contract and see if that works.  

The one guy that really needs to get traded is Boeser.  Put a package together with Boeser to get a proper 3C.  With Miller on the wing we have more than enough wingers.  If management wants to retool on the fly then Hoglander and Rathbone should be on the table in order to get more help on defence and a proper 3C.

I think you still try to find a reasonable compromise with Bo. 

But yeah, its getting more and more obvious that Brock is the one that has to go. I think once management and maybe the fan base to some extent lowers the exceptions of a big return then it will happen. Garland was a lil beast last night, Brock just can't bring that defensive game. 

23 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it was worth the experiment tho to find out that Petey can centre his own line now, and I love the chemistry building with him Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. I don't think we've seen anything close to their best yet.

I think you still try to find a reasonable compromise with Bo. 

But yeah, its getting more and more obvious that Brock is the one that has to go. I think once management and maybe the fan base to some extent lowers the exceptions of a big return then it will happen. Garland was a lil beast last night, Brock just can't bring that defensive game. 

Btw brother,any news about return of injured guys?

This man just went head to head against Crosby who's playing some of his best hockey and not only shut him down but scored 2 huge goals to win us the game. Big game player, big captain material, he is this team's best overall player and never gets enough credit for it. He's our most consistent goal scorer as well for the last few years.

If JT is worth 8M and Petey's at 7M, Bo really deserves something in that region but he'll probably take a team friendly cut of 500k-1M.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, combover said:

Yeah if the rumours of the lowball offer were true I think horvat  wisely bet on himself and he’s playing himself into a hefty payday here or somewhere else. The people calling him a 3c are clueless. 
kinda funny miller only started playing well after he got put  horvats wing. I’ve said it before some of the fans on here don’t appreciate how much he actually does (like tanev) and if he leaves are going to be in for a rude awaking. 
 We need a big season out of him and for his sake to he’s had to endure the garbage  JB era when he was handed  trash for libemates,  he’s paid his dues and deserves a big year and big payday. 

We need to get Boeser going so we can get some sort of pick out of him and cap space so we can sign Bo. 

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We should have just traded Miller :P

(And yes, Boeser at some point as well)

Haha.  Management has been very clear that they are doing a retool on the fly.  If that is the case, then both Miller and Horvat should be re-signed.  The question then becomes how do you acquire a proper 3C and some top 4 Dmen?  That is the $64,000 question that management needs to figure out.

Based on what is happening right now, I would assume they need to make some trades to free up cap space and most likely trade some picks and prospects to accomplish that goal.  I can see Boeser as the first domino to fall.  Maybe Pearson after that.  Rathbone and Hoglander will both probably be chips used to acquire the players they need.  

I could even see JR trading the 2023 1st round pick.  He's done it many times in the past, so that is his MO.  I know he said he wouldn't do that, but at this point management has said many things and done the opposite, so I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st round pick is on the table if we are contending for a playoff spot and we need to upgrade the team.

• Vintage 1

I feel vindicated now in saying trying to run three top 6 centers down the middle probably wouldn't work, Bo looks great and Miller wasn't looking very good as a center 

Wonder where negotiations are at, I still think Bo ends up being traded if management doesn't come up 

He'd get paid as a UFA or perhaps from a team that trades for him easily imo, could see him opting for a fresh start with a team that's more consistently competitive 

Colorado or Carolina could use him, as could Boston 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I could even see JR trading the 2023 1st round pick.  He's done it many times in the past, so that is his MO.  I know he said he wouldn't do that, but at this point management has said many things and done the opposite, so I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st round pick is on the table if we are contending for a playoff spot and we need to upgrade the team.

With Bedard as the prize and this team a couple inter-divisional 3 game slides away from effective elimination, if that 1st goes out the door I'll go full Probert on him if he does

Edited by Warhippy