The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

29 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I’ve got a big oiler fan buddy that thinks the Oilers have made an inquiry for Bo. 

Not sure what they’d have to offer though.

Gene princepe posting oilers interest on Bo on tweeter. Isn’t exactly an inquiry. 

6 hours ago, Honourable Hughes said:

Miller wasn’t working at C position. He became effective when he was moved to LW, meaning Pettersson and Horvat are our Centers wit"h not much after that.

Don't want to see Miller's name and the letter "C" in the same sentence for any topic!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plaguez said:

A lot of suggestions in here from people that seem to think 58% faceoff winning, fast, strong, 30 goal scoring centermen are easy to replace.  When the coach wants to get someone going offensively what does he do?  Throws them on Bo's line.  If we lose Bo tomorrow we have no replacement for him.  There is nobody on this team capable of playing against a top line & shutting them down while also driving offense the other way.  

Bo has already taken 217 faceoffs this year.  In 9 games.  We don't have anyone else on the team that steps in and not only takes those draws but wins the majority of them.  That is a lot of team possession lost.  Incredible how little respect he has in this market.  Anywhere else he's an untradable, foundation piece.  Here?  Let's trade him for a prospect & a pick.  

To me there are 4 untradable players on this team Pettersson, Demko, Hughes and Horvat.  I'm hoping Canucks management is working on getting him signed as soon as possible.

Yup, I'm glad some folks are waking up to just how valuable he is to this team. Bo was never a luxury, he's an essential piece if they plan on competing, and more integral to the club's success than Miller despite lesser point production.

Theres nobody in our system, as a prospect or pro, who can step in and successfully take on his multi-faceted role.

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Watch “third line centre” Bo Horvat score 35goals this year. Should have gotten this done in the summer. 7 million would have gotten it done I suspect but now where does it go? 

It's funny, people kept going off about how 7M was too high hell or high water and it'd probably be a steal right now given how he's playing and how the season has played out. As a pending UFA he's got management by the balls.

Teams like Boston, Carolina, and maybe even LA would happily pay him.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sign him.

I've said a million times. Being deep at centre is an awesome strength.

Bo, JT and EP are as good as it gets as a trio.

We all know we need a D-man, package up a winger or two and lets get crackin. 

I question whether it's actually a trio, Miller can win draws but he hasn't looked good at all as a center this season. Right now we're looking at Pettersson and Bo as our top six centers. 

Which actually drives his value up further, Bo's irreplaceable for this club right now. 

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Plaguez said:

A lot of suggestions in here from people that seem to think 58% faceoff winning, fast, strong, 30 goal scoring centermen are easy to replace.  When the coach wants to get someone going offensively what does he do?  Throws them on Bo's line.  If we lose Bo tomorrow we have no replacement for him.  There is nobody on this team capable of playing against a top line & shutting them down while also driving offense the other way.  

Bo has already taken 217 faceoffs this year.  In 9 games.  We don't have anyone else on the team that steps in and not only takes those draws but wins the majority of them.  That is a lot of team possession lost.  Incredible how little respect he has in this market.  Anywhere else he's an untradable, foundation piece.  Here?  Let's trade him for a prospect & a pick.  

To me there are 4 untradable players on this team Pettersson, Demko, Hughes and Horvat.  I'm hoping Canucks management is working on getting him signed as soon as possible.

When has Bo been used to get someone going offensively? That is simply not true. Miller and Petey are the centers that get their wingers going offensively, as they are the better playmakers and have higher ceilings.

A huge decision coming up for management is if they plan to use JT long-term a center or not.

I have personally been in favor of moving Bo IF management sees JT as a center. Better to use that capital elsewhere and gain assets via trade than 7 mill on 3C.

If management doesn't see Miller as a center long-term, then definitely, it is likely in our best interest to sign Horvat as our 2C as we can't guarantee what will be available on the market.

Unless Bedard decides to pull a Lindros and we have Bedard/Petey as our 1C/2C :lol:

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I question whether it's actually a trio, Miller can win draws but he hasn't looked good at all as a center this season. Right now we're looking at Pettersson and Bo as our top six centers. 

Which actually drives his value up further, Bo's irreplaceable for this club right now. 

By trio, I mean 3 players that can play the position in a top 6 role.

I like having two centres on a top line like we have been doing lately with Bo and JT.

I also liked when Ep was on the wing with JT.

We have a few wingers that can play in the top six, one (available for trade) more if we continue to double up centres. 

3 down the middle is cool too but we need to be a team that rolls the lines more evenly if we do that. 

Edited by bishopshodan

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

By trio, I mean 3 players that can play the position in a top 6 role.

I like having two centres on a top line like we have been doing lately with Bo and JT.

I also liked when Ep was on the wing with JT.

We have a few wingers that can play in the top six, one more if we continue to double up centres. 

3 down the middle is cool too but we need to be a team that rolls the lines more evenly if we do that. 

That's fair. Having a player who can play center in a pinch isn't a bad thing by any means, I just question whether he's a center or a wing as he seems to struggle with the defensive responsibility that comes with being a center. Even last year during what was probably a career year he still made questionable decisions with the puck, gave up on plays, ect. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's played better as a winger, there's less responsibility and all he has to do is drive play. 

But there was the discussion of the Canucks depth at center going into the season and I don't believe we're as deep as folks thought we were. Three top six centers down the middle hasn't worked. I'd argue our top six center depth consists of Pettersson and Horvat, who can capably play both ways despite Horvat being miscast as a defensive center. 

We still don't have a single center prospect with top six upside imo, I hope we address that sooner than later. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1