The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is Sergachev also Horvat's friend?

Well, I think we both know the answer to this with regards sticking up for any of his teammates. I'm really hoping that this area is something that RT fixes with this team. How can you be a team when you don't stick up for each other, especially when you're the captain? Drives me nuts.

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

I wanted to keep Horvat , but have lost the luster for doing so

He must appreciate his mates setting him up for his big payday, but where is he as a leader when his mates get crosschecked right in front of him?

He is to be a leader, I thought the new mantra was changing? 

Most likely he needs to go for building a more coherent group who look out for one another

Go ahead Bo watch your mates get abused and just do absolutely nothing, not even a fake grab, that's ok because you have done this far too many times and i would rather you not getting hurt before you are traded

YES YES YES

We need to trade him asap. 

I held my breath yesterday when he got injured on the hit. 

JR needs to make sure we tank this season by trading Horvat and Boeser for futures. He should trade Schenn and Myers too. 

I was on the sell Kuz train but its looking more and more like management is actually going for a  retool for the umpteenth time. 

Worst thing that can happen this year is we catch Mtl OTT, Det, Philly etc. 

This team is definitely capable of achieving it under a coaching bump and a commitment to 200 ft game and short shifts. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Friedman if I recall made it sound like a trade was on the horizon. Or at least implied there's some activity. Could be another mouth piece I can't remember sh*t. Could be the quiet before the storm. But yeah, things usually quiet down right before something happens. I really am not hoping for a re-sign given all the talk about him wanting to get paid. We can't afford 2 Millers, we can't even afford one. We have Petey and Hughes who are our defacto best players. They should be our highest paid.

If Horvat gets paid. That makes him and Miller our highest paid players. It'll suffocate our ability to sign role players. Horvat for a haul. Draft a really good center in the top 10. It's a good center draft. Might even get one with a late 1st rounder. Lookin' at Honzek. But I just don't think it's a good idea to keep running the same core with higher cap hits given the last 5 years have net the exact same underwhelming results with relatively affordable cap hits. Is this team better with both Horvat and Miller making 8mil when we sucked with them making 5mil? Logic doesn't track.

I agree 100%

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Friedman if I recall made it sound like a trade was on the horizon. Or at least implied there's some activity. Could be another mouth piece I can't remember sh*t. Could be the quiet before the storm. But yeah, things usually quiet down right before something happens. I really am not hoping for a re-sign given all the talk about him wanting to get paid. We can't afford 2 Millers, we can't even afford one. We have Petey and Hughes who are our defacto best players. They should be our highest paid.

If Horvat gets paid. That makes him and Miller our highest paid players. It'll suffocate our ability to sign role players. Horvat for a haul. Draft a really good center in the top 10. It's a good center draft. Might even get one with a late 1st rounder. Lookin' at Honzek. But I just don't think it's a good idea to keep running the same core with higher cap hits given the last 5 years have net the exact same underwhelming results with relatively affordable cap hits. Is this team better with both Horvat and Miller making 8mil when we sucked with them making 5mil? Logic doesn't track.

Agreed, but I'd rather Horvat at 8M, Miller gone and his 8M split across a top-4 defenceman (5-6M) and 3C (2-3M). That would have been so perfect.

Petey is soon to be a 9-10M guy so that's just too much tied up in 3 forwards, especially if Miller is just a winger. Too much like the top heavy Leafs.

It is another tactic - roll 3 super centers who compete with some of the best center depth in the league (Petey as a 100pt guy, Bo a 50-60 scoring 2C and Miller who's on pace for 70-80pts as the technical 3C) and just throw cheap wingers/AHLers/ELCs on their wing.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Agreed, but I'd rather Horvat at 8M, Miller gone and his 8M split across a top-4 defenceman (5-6M) and 3C (2-3M). That would have been so perfect.

Petey is soon to be a 9-10M guy so that's just too much tied up in 3 forwards, especially if Miller is just a winger. Too much like the top heavy Leafs.

It is another tactic - roll 3 super centers who compete with some of the best center depth in the league (Petey as a 100pt guy, Bo a 50-60 scoring 2C and Miller who's on pace for 70-80pts as the technical 3C) and just throw cheap wingers/AHLers/ELCs on their wing.

I don't think we can succeed with either of them making 8mil to be honest. And the closest I seen any team to succeeding with the final part is the Pens with Malkin and Crosby. 2 generational talents. None of which we can say Petey, Miller or Horvat are. This is why I been heavy on trading Miller and the absolute max I'd give Horvat is 7.5mil and even that seems heavy.

Friedman also said Horvat would be willing to take less for an ideal situation. If he's not willing to take less for a team that drafted him and was his home for nearly 10 years I don't think his heart is here anymore. All the more reason to cut bait with him for as much as we can. I am tired of paying people premium for their production in a contract year. Or in the case of Miller extending him after a monster year outta fear of losing him. Miller should be at 7.5 and Horvat should be around 6.75 tops. We absolutely can't go into another season with the same core guys except they are all overpaid now. It's literal insanity.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I don't think we can succeed with either of them making 8mil to be honest. And the closest I seen any team to succeeding with the final part is the Pens with Malkin and Crosby. 2 generational talents. None of which we can say Petey, Miller or Horvat are. This is why I been heavy on trading Miller and the absolute max I'd give Horvat is 7.5mil and even that seems heavy.

Friedman also said Horvat would be willing to take less for an ideal situation. If he's not willing to take less for a team that drafted him and was his home for nearly 10 years I don't think his heart is here anymore. All the more reason to cut bait with him for as much as we can. I am tired of paying people premium for their production in a contract year. Or in the case of Miller extending him after a monster year outta fear of losing him. Miller should be at 7.5 and Horvat should be around 6.75 tops. We absolutely can't go into another season with the same core guys except they are all overpaid now. It's literal insanity.

Agree 100%.   Bringing back Horvat at 8mill +. Does nothing to improve the team.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, billabong said:

Boston is my best guess where horvat will end up

To bos: horvat, schenn 

to van: Carlo, beecher, lysell, 1st pick 2023

beecher is a former 1st rounder who is a natural C 

I doubt Horvat + Schenn net us that kind of return with Bo on an expiring contract. 

16 minutes ago, billabong said:

Boston is my best guess where horvat will end up

To bos: horvat, schenn 

to van: Carlo, beecher, lysell, 1st pick 2023

beecher is a former 1st rounder who is a natural C 

Yuck I hate that so much.

I also hated the Miller to NYR rumor and I'd do anything to backtrack and accept it now. I'm going to assume this will allllll play out the exact same :P

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I doubt Horvat + Schenn net us that kind of return with Bo on an expiring contract. 

Beecher looks like a bust.

Carlo and Lysell would definitely have to be the two pieces from Boston. 

They don’t want a 1st so add another young player in the deal. Zboril maybe?

Either way not really interested in making Boston better.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Some folks seem to get their bits in a twist over this. And while I get it, folks get riled up about their team, who can really blame him for it? It's not as if we've done much competitively throughout his tenure as a Canuck, why should he wait for opportunities that may never come? There's no guarantee we're going to be a playoff team sooner than later let alone a contender.

I'd rather keep Bo over Miller but ideally I'd move on from both at this point and reset things with a younger group of players. Folks will froth at the mouth about wanting guys on the team who want to win but somehow Horvat potentially wanting to leave because he wants to win is a problem? Come on. I'm not saying that's you but I see it around here and it's silly. 

But I also don't believe the veteran part of this core will amount to much of anything, the focus should be about getting younger via trade and drafting and building a team that can grow together around Pettersson and Hughes. 

If Bo goes elsewhere I'll root for him, that's great. If Miller goes elsewhere I hope he has success too. Good offensive player who just doesn't fit the timeline.