The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

JR - Signing JT Miller has no bearing on getting a deal done with Bo.

Nothing to see here, no need for panic. 

“Bo is our captain, he’s a huge part of our club,” Castonguay stated. “He’s our leader. Obviously he has a year left and we have a good relationship with his camp and him. Patrik is very involved, as is Jim. Its hard to say what will happen. We love Bo, and he is our captain, we hope he will be for a long time” - Emile Castonguary 

Just like you said, nothing to panic, the management wants to get it done, and I'm sure Bo does too. They have made it so clear that they want him hear long term.  All their focus went to get Brock done, than JT. Only a matter of time before the lock down the captain.

• Cheers 1

Page 53. It’s a sign. :bigblush:

If JR had gone full Benning and signed JT for 9 million I’d be very worried about locking Bo up. But the fact that JT took less probably means there is an (likely unspoken) feeling among the players to help the team win a Cup by not shooting for the moon with contracts.

Give Bo a max 8 year contract befitting a legacy player like him. He will be our next Draft to Retirement player after the Sedins.

• Vintage 1

I still think there is a chance that Bo’s deal starts with a 6. Not low 6’s like I said previously though. He’s a good, loyal soldier, but not to that extent I’ll wager. Dude deserves a nice bump for what he’s become….sneaky good goal scorer (and creator of the Bo Rush) and an elite faceoff man.

If Bo gets signed I’ll be in full hype mode for the season….I can somewhat cope with the defence issues when I look at that forward group. And Demmer. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Now that JT contract is done, it’s time to lock up Bo. Emilie will put her work boots on and get this done.

she's probably ready with multiple deal options worked out. Doesn't seem like the type to leave much to chance. 

• Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I still think there is a chance that Bo’s deal starts with a 6. Not low 6’s like I said previously though. He’s a good, loyal soldier, but not to that extent I’ll wager. Dude deserves a nice bump for what he’s become….sneaky good goal scorer (and creator of the Bo Rush) and an elite faceoff man.

If Bo gets signed I’ll be in full hype mode for the season….I can somewhat cope with the defence issues when I look at that forward group. And Demmer. 

Especially since a long-term signed Bo means we'll have at least one forward who is at least passable defensively up front (granted, hopefully the 'new guys' will be able to step in and fill that real need for forwards...particularly centers, who are solid defensively to take some of that pressure off the defense).

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

“Bo is our captain, he’s a huge part of our club,” Castonguay stated. “He’s our leader. Obviously he has a year left and we have a good relationship with his camp and him. Patrik is very involved, as is Jim. Its hard to say what will happen. We love Bo, and he is our captain, we hope he will be for a long time” - Emile Castonguary 

Am I the only one that sees a little bit of ambivalence in the bolded parts of Emilie's quote? Maybe I'm just reading into something that's not there, but hopefully something gets done, and soon. As others have said, 7x8 seems to be about right for Bo, but maybe he wants more? (7.5?)

16 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Am I the only one that sees a little bit of ambivalence in the bolded parts of Emilie's quote? Maybe I'm just reading into something that's not there, but hopefully something gets done, and soon. As others have said, 7x8 seems to be about right for Bo, but maybe he wants more? (7.5?)

I think its the management trying to be careful to not offer promises. I think they really like Bo, again this was beginning of July where Brock was still unsigned and JTs future was a question mark. 

They wanted probably max negotiation power stating the necessary they want Bo, but arent going to commit to the "we will do everything to sign him". In the end, it will get done. Management loves Bo and Bo loves Vancouver. Just like the JT extension, with the focus on him it may take some time. 

• Like 1

I expect Bo gets signed between 6.75M - 7.0M for 8 years.

Miller got a 2.75M raise.  Bo will get about a 1.25M raise.  This is paid for by Ferland coming off (so instead of being 2.75M over we are 750k under) also Virtanen and Holtby come off that is another 2.4M plus cap will go up at least 1M. That adds up to 4.1M of cap room to cover increases of 4M to Miller and Bo.

So we don't have to do anything to afford both Miller and Bo at 8M and 6.75M respectively.

Work will have to be done to move some pieces if the team wants to resign kuz or hogz to raises next year.  But Miller and Bo are in at 8 and 6.75.

Nice work.

Edited by fanfor42
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Provost said:

I am guessing Horvat comes in at 7x8 so he matches dollars with Miller but over more term.

Yeah, I agree, 7 x 8 years is a decent contract for the team and a good value contract for the captain in the current market.  Nugent-Hopkins team-friendly contract at $5.125 million x 8 signed in 2021 has to pull down Bo's value a bit.  Ryan O'Reilly has been making 7.5 for 6 years already and will be ufa after the season, wonder what his next contract will look like at 32 years old.

Just now, secksii said:

If horvat is signing 8yrs, I think it'll be closer to 6m range. 

That’s what I was thinking.

Yes we get more prime years of his but offensively he’s not been close to Millers level of production.

7 million would be fair market value. If he’s taking a discount I think it would be 6-6.5 mil over 8.

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes we get more prime years of his but offensively he’s not been close to Millers level of production.

Miller- 637 games 169 goals 285 assists for 454 points    points per game   .712

Bo      572 games 170 goals 196 assists for 366 points    points per game   .639

Looks close to me,

wonder what it looks like if last year isn't in there?

Miller 557 games   137 goals 218 assists for    355 points or .637 ppg

Bo     487 games   139 goals  175 assists for   314 points or .644 ppg

It would seem that Bo is a very, very comparable player.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Miller- 637 games 169 goals 285 assists for 454 points    points per game   .712

Bo      572 games 170 goals 196 assists for 366 points    points per game   .639

Looks close to me,

wonder what it looks like if last year isn't in there?

Miller 557 games   137 goals 218 assists for    355 points or .637 ppg

Bo     487 games   139 goals  175 assists for   314 points or .644 ppg

It would seem that Bo is a very, very comparable player.

That’s close?

Not in contract negotiations.

• Cheers 1