The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake DeBrusk requests trade

31 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I believe you can but the player’s KHL team receives a pretty decent payout. Maybe the value of the player’s KHL contract? Can’t remember. 

I dont believe the nhl and khl have a transfer agreement so they'll either have to wait for the contract to expire. Or they are willingly terminate the contract 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

I dont believe the nhl and khl have a transfer agreement so they'll either have to wait for the contract to expire. Or they are willingly terminate the contract 

What I described isn’t really a transfer agreement. Google it if you’d like

Edited by Sean Monahan

1 hour ago, AbbyNux said:

Pearson doesn't do anything real well though. Jake does some things really well. 

I disagree.

Tanner does everything quite well and in a good sized bod.

I hoped we would get him in his entry draft and was disappointed we lost out.

Good career, good guy, completely professional, etc.

I like Jake, as I said, but he has a ways to go to be equal to Pearson, imo.

You could make a case that he should be on the third line perhaps, but who do we have that could bump him down, and be a completely reliable, know-what-you're-going-to-get-every-shift pro?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I disagree.

Tanner does everything quite well and in a good sized bod.

I hoped we would get him in his entry draft and was disappointed we lost out.

Good career, good guy, completely professional, etc.

I like Jake, as I said, but he has a ways to go to be equal to Pearson, imo.

You could make a case that he should be on the third line perhaps, but who do we have that could bump him down, and be a completely reliable, know-what-you're-going-to-get-every-shift pro?

Hoglander, Garland, Podkolzin? 

Not sure I would describe Pearson as reliable in any way other than his inconsistency offensively and defensively is pretty reliable. 

He does nothing particularly well. He is average at most things and has zero consistency in effort and results shift to shift. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GB5 said:

I've been thinking this for a while now.Tram is an asset that would be a shame to waste..... too many have already been wasted.

It would be great to get a return of some kind for him.

Yeah. Asset management is the one thing that's been poor on Benning and his team. For whatever reason they feel or think that it's okay to get nothing in return for players that just walk away. That doesn't make sense on any level. 

It's confounding and confusing to me what their rationale or logic could be for doing that over and over again. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

You clearly misunderstand.  Tryamkin’s rights are worthless because he’s signed for 2 years in the KHL but his rights expire this coming summer. 
Debrusk is an upcoming RFA. Not UFA. So no. He can’t just walk and sign with whatever team he chooses (unless they don’t qualify him) 

Ah, my bad. I see. 

Then DeBrusk is going to get a decent return then from another team. 

Tryamkin I still think we could get something for the guy. It seems clear to me that he's not wanting to come to Vancouver. 

9 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I believe you can but the player’s KHL team receives a pretty decent payout. Maybe the value of the player’s KHL contract? Can’t remember. 

If I’m not mistaken a player can buy out his own contract.  It can’t be bought out by the team though. Regardless it’s an option that Tryamkin has neglected to use in the past. He appears to be happy to stay where he is. As is his wife 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If I’m not mistaken a player can buy out his own contract.  It can’t be bought out by the team though. Regardless it’s an option that Tryamkin has neglected to use in the past. He appears to be happy to stay where he is. As is his wife 

Caufield for Debrusk.  How much do the Habs have to add, a second?  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, qwijibo said:

You clearly misunderstand.  Tryamkin’s rights are worthless because he’s signed for 2 years in the KHL but his rights expire this coming summer. 
Debrusk is an upcoming RFA. Not UFA. So no. He can’t just walk and sign with whatever team he chooses (unless they don’t qualify him) 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Ah, my bad. I see. 

Tryamkin I still think we could get something for the guy. It seems clear to me that he's not wanting to come to Vancouver. 

Michael J Fox Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

22 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd be interested in DeBrusk, but not for a major piece going back to Boston. 

His career high in points is 43. I'm not sure I'm giving Boston a major piece for a guy who scores 43 points as his best season. I mean, Green had more points when he was a player than DeBrusk has. And I wouldn't even classify DeBrusk as "young" anymore. He's 25 years old. 

Yeah I am surprised how high up the news wires this trade request got. They talked about it on Real Kyper's show for a segment. The guy just seems like another hopeless project player

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Ah, my bad. I see. 

He is a UFA when and if he returns to the NHL after his contract expires with Avtomobilist.

12 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hoglander, Garland, Podkolzin? 

Not sure I would describe Pearson as reliable in any way other than his inconsistency offensively and defensively is pretty reliable. 

He does nothing particularly well. He is average at most things and has zero consistency in effort and results shift to shift. 

These guys are apples and oranges when you compare finesse players to grinder types. 

You need both types in the lineup to win.

2 minutes ago, GB5 said:

These guys are apples and oranges when you compare finesse players to grinder types. 

You need both types in the lineup to win.

Lol you think Pearson is a grinder type?

All 3 of those guys play a more intense grinding type game than Pearson does. And they have speed and offensive ability too.