The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | Saturday, December 4th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PST | CBC, SN

Rate this topic

goalie13

11 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Imagine being a fan and upset if a team comes together turns it around but because you a fan with no actual NHL experience thinks the coach sucks.  

The ironic thing is said person will say it's for the best but if the team puts it together and does well for a sustained period why the hell would you still want changes?

people who say it's a system thing but the team is top 5 in possession and 5on5 GA.

For me who gladly admits my Forte is baseball as far as playing at an elite level and tho I've watched every game since maybe I'm missing something but to me the reason we have lost games is lack of scoring despite generating chances. 

Our pk has been better with Hamonic and especially Motte but that could very well use a fresh voice.

The pp has goals in 3 straight and even I can see that early on it was entirely to passive and stationary but TG has fiddled numerous times and hopefully this iteration continues to score.

The one issue I have is how Petey is being handled, don't get me wrong I respect the fact that nobody gets a free pass but Jesus put Brock with them over Dowhling, those 2 and Podz showed well in limited minutes and Petey and Brock have always had good chemistry,  let them work out of their funk together with Podz, who has shown to work his ass off and that kind of play is infectious. 

I also think Rathbone needs another chance unless they plan to use two RHD on the bottom pair,, Burroughs is a great story but man he struggles at times..

I really hope we've turned a corner, winning is fun and we still are only six out of a playoff spot and one good run puts us right back in the mix.

The Cali teams have ovetachieved IMO and Vegas just isn't the same team without MAF but I will say getting Jack for Krebs and Tuch, was robbery. Getting a 1c who's 25 without giving up much or drafting him is such a Vegas thing.

Hate the team and at some point their gunslinger GM giving up every 1st pick they've had will catch up but kudos for having the ballz  to be all in every season .

The fact they play in Vegas and operate like that just seems right to me lol. 

Well said, thanks

10 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Which game was this then?

The one we just won?

You kinda wipe out your good conclusions with your 'hopelessly outplayed' thing.

We're on a roll Mrwipeout, Cheers!

Last game against Pittsburgh

17 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Out of those three Calgary and it’s not even close

Yes it is.   Calgary/Van was the best rivalry i've seen (89-94) us have - fight filled affairs,  and the 89 team sits at 11th best team all-time, ahead of the recent CHI cap "dynasty"... Otto kicking it in was finally made up for in 94.    Mad respect for them despite hating their guts for probably a decade or so.   Then Iginla ... and now the Calgary Canucks.   

Edmonton meh ... TO meh.   All the lustre for EDM died for me the day Wayne Gretzky was traded, it would take five McDavids/Drasaitls  for me to be that interested in them again.   Toronto well i guess i'd have them last.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes it is.   Calgary/Van was the best rivalry i've seen (89-94) us have - fight filled affairs,  and the 89 team sits at 11th best team all-time, ahead of the recent CHI cap "dynasty"... Otto kicking it in was finally made up for in 94.    Mad respect for them despite hating their guts for probably a decade or so.   Then Iginla ... and now the Calgary Canucks.   

Edmonton meh ... TO meh.   All the lustre for EDM died for me the day Wayne Gretzky was traded, it would take five McDavids/Drasaitls  for me to be that interested in them again.   Toronto well i guess i'd have them last.  

Edmonton last for me. The draft lottery champions. Screw the coilers

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Edmonton last for me. The draft lottery champions. Screw the coilers

I'm indifferent.  Part of me would rather see Edmonton be "our team" over TO, just to watch TO yet again lose in the first round.   Because it's funny.    Lindens teams won a round all the time ... including when he came back.   Yet with all their firepower they can't get it done.   Problem with that hope is TO finally looks to have a goalie that can get them where they need to go.    Smith i actually admire too - old dog doing his best Johnny Bower/ Sawchuk impression.    Admire that a little too or at least respect it.     Both those teams have flaws, but they are getting smaller as they approach their peaks.    Maybe the best thing we could hope for, is an EDM/TO final, as Canadians anyways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Toronto Edmonton and Calgary all cheered for Boston in 2011 so F them all. I hope they all lose. Maybe Ottawa and the Habs are the only Canadian teams worth supporting 

I'm not sure about anywhere else but here in Abbotsford , we got behind Flames in 04 and Oilers in 06. The bars were loaded and everyone was behind them. Just because we wanted a Canadian team to win. Never again 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I'm indifferent.  Part of me would rather see Edmonton be "our team" over TO, just to watch TO yet again lose in the first round.   Because it's funny.    Lindens teams won a round all the time ... including when he came back.   Yet with all their firepower they can't get it done.   Problem with that hope is TO finally looks to have a goalie that can get them where they need to go.    Smith i actually admire too - old dog doing his best Johnny Bower/ Sawchuk impression.    Admire that a little too or at least respect it.     Both those teams have flaws, but they are getting smaller as they approach their peaks.    Maybe the best thing we could hope for, is an EDM/TO final, as Canadians anyways. 

Nah. Both were cheering for Boston in 2011. I seen lots of Boston jerseys in Edmonton in 2011. 

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Toronto Edmonton and Calgary all cheered for Boston in 2011 so F them all. I hope they all lose. Maybe Ottawa and the Habs are the only Canadian teams worth supporting 

Jets Sens or Habs. &^@# the rest

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Living in Edmonton now there's lots of good ribbing between myself and some local friends who are Oilers fans. The one (hockey) thing we can all bond over is "eff the Flames" would be a shame to lose that.

7 hours ago, aznmonk said:

If the playoffs started today.

Deadmonton

Maple laughs

Calgary 

Who is Canada's team you want to win it all???

no one. If its not us then i don't care. Whoever has the most ex-Canucks that I liked.

22 minutes ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

you are talking about the team now right? geez,win two and you cheerleaders come out of the woodwork eh?  don't break your ankles jumping on and off that bandwagon 

Go Bo Go!

image.gif.97f578339fdfc9b6dae5a59a850944ba.gif

Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

whats your problem with supporting your home team? you can support them when they are down, thats allowed.

And of you support them when they're down, I'm not sure how that's "jumping on and off the bandwagon"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2