The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Aquaman can’t seriously expect a positive reaction if the same management and coaching staff are brough back for the next home game lol. 

If he does, that means he no longer cares about the brand. There's no point for the meddling businessman to keep owning the team.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We don't know that for sure though.

There's a chance that a new coach won't help and that the team we built isn't built well enough. The defense and bottom 6 aren't super appealing to look at when trying to build a playoff team.

There is that chance. Do you suggest we do nothing? or just quit? or trade everyone?

Just now, rekker said:

Just not my style. I'm a face to face kind of guy. 

I think it would be a little more concerning if we tried a face to face approach expressing that same sort of frustration towards management/coaching and ownership.

"On the news today a man was reportedly booing the Canucks owner to his face and telling him he sucked."

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Love Burkie :lol:

I read his book, interesting how he says that the fan's in Calgary were the most supportive of any place he's worked. They get behind their team through thick or thin.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, audiodave said:

There is that chance. Do you suggest we do nothing? or just quit? or trade everyone?

Try a coach first obviously and if that fails trade the expiring guys who probably wouldn't stick around on a losing team.

I would exercise all options before trading expiring assets. 

I do have concerns about this roster makeup though and we're on the clock with some of these expiring contracts like Miller/Horvat in 2023.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Oh, so who do we call to make an appointment?

…Saying you’re a face to face kind of guy when you have no hope in hell of ever having a face to face meeting with someone is just hot air.

Then I deal with my frustrations in other ways. Just not a booer, never have been. Not my style. 

• Cheers 1

Burke you vindictive turn-coat!

You’ve got some nerve to coming back to this city, after torpedoing the franchise at all turns when they were lead by your arch-rival Mike Gillis & betraying them, when you meddled in the Rome suspension during the SC-Final, for your league buddies in the NHL head office & in BOS.   

You betrayed the Sedins at every turn after leaving VAN and conveniently left that despicable part of your life story &  work history,  out of your book. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Try a coach first obviously and if that fails trade the expiring guys who probably wouldn't stick around on a losing team.

I do have concerns about this roster makeup though and we're on the clock with some of these expiring contracts like Miller/Horvat in 2023.

You can’t, can’t, can’t let Benning make anymore moves. Desperation moves are horrible. Just let Shaw coach the rest of the year.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Boeser expires after this season and unless he takes a pay cut, it’ll be hard to retain Podkolzin, Hoglander, etc in the near future.