The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, audiodave said:

The immediate need is a new coach, we have the players to have a good team. 

We don't know that for sure though.

There's a chance that a new coach won't help and that the team we built isn't built well enough. The defense and bottom 6 aren't super appealing to look at when trying to build a playoff team.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Me neither but if ownership didn’t see this coming they’re clueless. This would happen in every Canadian market.

They need to make a mercy firing at this point. Like honestly you need to show fans change is coming. Leaving things in limbo frustrates fans more than anything.

Exactly.  At the very, very least, step into the media circus and explain your plan going forward.  Doing nothing in any Canadian market is an absolute kiss of death.  

I can agree with both pro boos and con boos.  However, nothing changes with out customers showing displeasure, but I agree its tough on the players.  However, some of the players deserve those boos as well.  Tough just to boo the player your annoyed with from the upper level.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

But what makes you think Benning can make the right choice? He has proven he can’t so far. 

I don't know if Benning will make the right choice any more than you know he won't. I'm not here to defend Benning, my point was that the immediate need is a new coach.

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

So, are we going back to the “let’s-see-how-these-homestands-go” mode?

We’ve always been at the “let’s wait and save as much money as possible for the owners”

That’s the only reason I can think of as to why the owners are suddenly M.I.A.

• Vintage 1

Just now, audiodave said:

I don't know if Benning will make the right choice any more than you know he won't. I'm not here to defend Benning, my point was that the immediate need is a new coach.

But the evidence suggests he won’t. We have seen the choices he makes for coaches doesn’t work. So we have to use that to suggest he won’t.

7 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Who has the worst hair?

Brian Burke or Dan Murphy?

To me it is Burke..... no contest.

Pic? I don’t have SN on because the NHL cut to the “game has ended” segment 

Edited by Crimson-JH

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Just not my style. I'm a face to face kind of guy. 

Oh, so who do we call to make an appointment?

…Saying you’re a face to face kind of guy when you have no hope in hell of ever having a face to face meeting with someone is just hot air.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

According to HNIC’s Bieksa, this is supposed to be a skill team. That’s good because that skill will overcome our lack of speed, lack of discipline, lack of an effective forecheck, lack of puck recovery, lack of a forecheck ( yeah, I know that’s there twice) no comeback when we get the crap beat out of us, lack of backbone, lack of any other style to play, lack of a pk, lack of a pp, but our skill will overcome these minor issues. 

EVERY CENTRE should be just doing faceoff training

Chasing the puck for 1/2 your shift if you're lucky to get it back is a big problem

• Vintage 1