The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Well, the despair of Canuck nation is indeed real if Bruce Boudreau is looked upon as our saviour. Dire times truly.

I truly fear Aqua is rushing into this whole process. GM selection has to be a HOME RUN.

He was the best coach available, and he is an actual NHL coach, unlike the clown he replaced.  Even better if Walker is replacing Baumer.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Having personally remained behind after personnel changes... These boys are going to be fired up! Working hard to impress the new coach and show what they can do!

Jasek and Utunen have said their goodbyes to their Pelicans teammates and are flying over from Finland to sign their contracts with the Canucks ..... you heard it here first!

• Cheers 1

I think it was ok to fire Green but if Benning remains it still means they are trying to salvage something for this year. I don’t get why they would hire a coach before a new gm or POHO. Unless they did it already and all at once. I don’t get the leverage Benning is getting if he is still here other than he is Aquilini’s puppet.

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

God, I head to Dad's for a couple of hours and things happen.

They had to...you can't stay the course and allow things to further devolve.

I like Green and wish him the best.  He served us well initially, but it's time to get some fresh ideas and shake things up.  He had to endure the worst of times  here, with COVID and a world unseen before.  Shut downs and a sick team and a schedule that was garbage.  He did the best he could but it wasn't enough.

I completely agree. I don't think Green will be out of a job for long, he has the right foundations of a team, but it's clear the boys have tuned out his plan. Trying to play a grind game with the offensive weapons that we have is completely insane. Boudreau will implement a high-octane offensive that this team desperately needs. Hughes, Boeser and Petey need to be allowed to go out there and be creative.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Anyone else got a sudden urge to go rematch 24/7 now?

Maybe we’ll get our own special!

Canucks Redux?

First thing I thought of when I heard BB was coach. His swearing from 24/7, and the mustard on his face from the hotdog he just ate.

• Haha 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The fire chants do work.

I was going to start the fire green chants at the game myself but I heard Travis was already done they were just working on final details with BB. So I saved myself the money and bought beer instead!!!! To you know, help me get through the game