The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 12, 2021 Carolina Hurricanes (19-6-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (11-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

4 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Not saying that Chatfield's a world beater but just another example of the disconnect between what 'tools' Benning was supplying and Green not knowing how to utilize those tools given.  I just shake my head as to how Benning didn't see that green wasn't on the same page as him and as a result ended up being his demise.

Green is the worst coach we hired. Worst at coaching and evaluating young talent. Green basically does the opposite of Bruce, get the least out of guys  Podkolzin had how much ice time under him? 6 minutes?

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, aznmonk said:

You forgot also father figure!!!

I think of him more as the happy go lucky uncle

the one that give you your first girly magazine  and first taste of beer 

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Green is the worst coach we hired. Worst at coaching and evaluating young talent. Green basically does the opposite of Bruce, get the least out of guys  Podkolzin had how much ice time under him? 6 minutes?

Get that Greens the lightning rod on this board for why things went south.   Also get the irony, that the same guys who excelled under his tutelage isn't acknowledged much either.   Suppose they'd all be superstars by now without him lol... but the eye test certainly doesn't work for EP, and BB to a lesser extent.    And QHs didn't seem to "suffer".    Green managed winning streaks with these guys too.   But that's also forgotten.   Maybe, just maybe cutting a team in half almost every year and adding new faces also played a part in this.    Every single season ... Was a very different team and these things take time.   Glad we moved on though.   And really find Bruce refreshing.   Especially his media and of course winning changes a lot.   I'd be surprised if we win tonight;  and really how we do as well.    But also have a lot of reservations and think that this team needs a couple big trades.    And a couple more years.  

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Let’s keep on piling the Ws. It’s  still a long season ahead of us so  we can still turn this year around. Hope that we can find a way to keep the win streak going in the Boudreau era. GCG!

I find the good teams have someone step up every night and be the "Hero" . We have seen that lately and I can see this continuing. If we keep up the hard work every night, the W's will continue IMO.

• Cheers 1