The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's wrong with EP.???

Rate this topic

erkayloomeh

5 hours ago, Pears said:

That was due to how good he is when he’s going. Completely in spite of Green. 

Nah I don’t think so. I think the Canucks designed their future around him which created a status quo that frustrated a few other players like Miller.

Now with new management, Petey failed to show up while everyone else including Miller and Boeser have.

Edited by Me_

20 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Nah I don’t think so. I think the Canucks designed their future around him which created a status quo that frustrated a few other players like Miller.

Now with new management, Petey failed to show up while everyone else including Miller and Boeser have.

Canucks will probably be a bit more patient with Petersson and see how he does next season with a full training camp and less distractions like the contract situation. If he is still playing crappy next season, then maybe Canucks will just pull the plug on the Petersson experiment and trade him knowing that they gave him last season, this season and next season to shape up. They will see how he does this season and next before trading him and I hope he can return to normal soon because he is getting paid 7.8 million which is too much for a non productive player.

• Vintage 1

EP is wrong with EP. He has no attack creativity heading into the opponents zone, easily pushes off from the puck or gives it up. He was used to easy points in the SHL and his size and mental game is suffering big time. Reminds me a lot of Nedved...and I don't know how many coaches and strategies and sports shrinks he'll need to get his game to what it should be for his talent.

Could a blockbuster Nedved like deal be good for both the team and player? Love to see something like Petey to:

NYR for Braden Schneider, K'Andre Miller and Ryan Reaves or

WSH for McMichael, Jensen & Protas or

Pitts for Marino, Kapanen & Blueger

Edited by BureBurrito

20 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

What do you think ? 

Petey is skinny and weak and now the league knows who he is and have not found it that hard to shut him down.

We will see if he actually does have enough skill and internal fortitude to fight thru this and be a high level player.

I have my doubts right now. But I am just some guy on the internet.....

1 hour ago, BureBurrito said:

EP is wrong with EP. He has no attack creativity heading into the opponents zone, easily pushes off from the puck or gives it up. He was used to easy points in the SHL and his size and mental game is suffering big time. Reminds me a lot of Nedved...and I don't know how many coaches and strategies and sports shrinks he'll need to get his game to what it should be for his talent.

Could a blockbuster Nedved like deal be good for both the team and player? Love to see something like Petey to:

NYR for Braden Schneider, K'Andre Miller and Ryan Reaves or

WSH for McMichael, Jensen & Protas or

Pitts for Marino, Kapanen & Blueger

The risk involved for those teams acquiring Pete right now is too high to give up significant assets. We'd be selling low for sure.    If we're going to trade him it would have to be when/if he bounces back. Then, do we want to? 

For me it all depends what the issue is with him. It has just seemed at times this year the effort wasn't there. 

4 hours ago, Canuck Luck said:

Petey is skinny and weak and now the league knows who he is and have not found it that hard to shut him down.

We will see if he actually does have enough skill and internal fortitude to fight thru this and be a high level player.

I have my doubts right now. But I am just some guy on the internet.....

Yzermans first traing camp with the Red Wings, he literally could not bench press a 100lbs. 

The owners rightfully lost there minds, wanting to fire everyone as he was the generational player they've been waiting for. 

No need to go further how that skinny, weak KID turned out. 

Pety will never be a Yzerman/Sakic player. 

Never was doubted to be from the start.

We just jumped the gun and for some reason expect that. 

His celling is a low end top 10 player when he is in PRIME condition, and we should be thankful for it, more importantly accept it.

7 hours ago, Me_ said:

Everyone else wasn’t forced to miss training camp/preseason while coming off an injury like Pettersson did. To even suggest the idea of writing him off already is absurd. 

10 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

He's not playing with Miller. Thats what is happening with EP.

Well he used to play with Goldobin ... his rookie year he didn't need Miller did he? And it's time to take him off that teet, anyways - the team has three good C's and a ton of middle six wingers.   Use them.    EP has got to figure EPs sh!t out, and the Lotto line wasn't working anyways (and this year a poor use of personnel).   Three dangerous lines are difficult to defend against.  Sure must have management going a little  nuts deciding which way to go ... EP is or at least is supposed to be a big part of our future.    Lots of hockey left this year, but our core's future is in some trouble if he can't find his game back, because if and when the center duties go back primarily on his shoulder's we will need him to have broken out - as in to the next level EP, better then his first couple seasons. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Vancan2021 said:

Yzermans first traing camp with the Red Wings, he literally could not bench press a 100lbs. 

The owners rightfully lost there minds, wanting to fire everyone as he was the generational player they've been waiting for. 

No need to go further how that skinny, weak KID turned out. 

Pety will never be a Yzerman/Sakic player. 

Never was doubted to be from the start.

We just jumped the gun and for some reason expect that. 

His celling is a low end top 10 player when he is in PRIME condition, and we should be thankful for it, more importantly accept it.

Those Red Wing teams when SY broke in were absolutely brutal. 

On 1/12/2022 at 5:05 PM, Timråfan said:

Other swedes like Näslund and the Sedins was over 25 years when it started to tick.

So why bother til Petey got this figured out and when the right linecombo hits.

Because he's earning the money of a top guy so expectations are that he should play like one. 

• Vintage 1