The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks hire Rachel Doerrie in an analytics role

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean isn’t it a good thing if Rutherford is willing to hire people who have been critical of the organization?

Shows that he doesn’t just want yes men or women.

As for those rumours about Petey not being happy I’m sure they’re true. Lots of players weren’t happy after the Covid outbreak and how management treated them. That’s well documented. The organization has had a lot of turnover since then though. Petey re-signed for 3 years when he could have signed for 1.

As for Miller being an anti masker. Don’t really care if that’s true or not. He got vaccinated that’s all I care about. 

When you’re in entertainment you have to throw out some juicy gossip. I don’t think that’s a reason for not hiring her.

Being critical is definitely fine.  

The tweets are simply take them as you wish.

Ive come some of her remarks that just struck me as immature and unprofessional. That’s fine too *I guess*

For me at least, talk is talk but can you walk the walk?  we will see

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Doerrie has worked as an analyst of player information and video with the Devils, and a video coach with the OHL’s Sudbury Wolves. Most recently, she worked as the director of advanced performance with York University in Toronto. She also had short stint as a video coach with Hockey Canada, a writer for The Athletic, and an analytics advisor at Nipissing University.

Hell of a resume for a 25 year old.

• Upvote 1

Da mean lady on twidder insulted my old gm :mad:

We seriously gonna do this or can we just be happy and hopeful for our team that we have gone out and hired somebody with extensive experience at a young age and a good mind to help restore us back to respectability.  The world knows we've spent too much time in the basement with Buffalo and Arizona, it would be nice to hit the Gillis levels again.

Just now, AV. said:

We seriously gonna do this or can we just be happy and hopeful for our team that we have gone out and hired somebody with extensive experience at a young age and a good mind to help restore us back to respectability.  The world knows we've spent too much time in the basement with Buffalo and Arizona, it would be nice to hit the Gillis levels again.

You mean go entire drafts without hitting on a single pick?  Let's go back a bit further and emulate a GM who was actually competent like Burke or Quinn.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Should be fine as long as hockey decisions are made by qualified hockey people and not the analytics department.

You mean like the hockey people that were just booted out of here last month?

Here's what sounds less ignorant:

Should be fine as long as hockey decisions are made by qualified people whoever that may be, including her.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

You seriously want us to hire Gillis equivalents? LOL

• Cheers 1

You mean go entire drafts without hitting on a single pick?  Let's go back a bit further and emulate a GM who was actually competent like Burke or Quinn.

The wins

Just now, Odd. said:

You seriously want us to hire Gillis equivalents? LOL

Give me the wins