Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks hire Rachel Doerrie in an analytics role

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wow, this one got spicy quick

Popcorn GIF - Popcorn - Discover & Share GIFs

Entertaining but predictable.

Complete with a "hopefully she keeps her mouth shut" comment earlier in this thread (ironically from someone who is calling other people a troll in the same thread).

Some people making it completely obvious here that they are, for some strange reason, intimidated by a successful young woman.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

It means he likes the smell of his own farts

Southpark Smug GIFs | Tenor

You're a grown adult getting offended that a GM was fired and one of his critics has now taken his spot in the front office.

Kick rocks with the rest of your brigade, please.

25 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Entertaining but predictable.

Complete with a "hopefully she keeps her mouth shut" comment earlier in this thread (ironically from someone who is calling other people a troll in the same thread).

Some people making it completely obvious here that they are, for some strange reason, intimidated by a successful young woman.

Yeah. I hope Rachel thrives and succeeds like crazy here in Van. 

Women if they’re the perfect fit for the job/role, then all the more power to them. Why are some people intimidated by a successful woman?

30 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Never listened to her podcast or followed her on Twitter.

I liked the hire initially, just based on her CV.

Now that I’ve seen the quotes, I sorta like the hire even more. :lol:

I’m kind of leaning the other direction lol…. seems like she could use to learn some discretion. That being said, I sure hope she kills it for us here :towel:

Edited by J-Dizzle

1 hour ago, mll said:

Comes from a podcast in May 2021 which has since been taken down from spotify/apple but that episode is actually still available here.  It could well be taken down soon.  That macaroni quote comes from that podcast.  

At 22min it's where she says Pettersson could have returned last season and says there's a decent chance he gets traded.

On Miller and Covid violation /anti-mask it's at the 26 min mark.  Says it has created a disconnect with some players especially Pettersson.

Says Benning didn't even bother to check on players during the outbreak not even a text. 

Brackett didn't want to pick Juolevi.

About Benning getting fired and her being consideration at the 45 min mark.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/point-shot/episode-17-verschlimmbesserung-utVqh7NCH0y/

Not surprised this got deleted. Very stupid move by her as it ultimately amounts to nothing but gossip, and if you have any ambitions to work in an industry getting the reputation as someone who is happy to traffic - publicly, no less - in gossip is not exactly a feather in one's cap.

• Cheers 2