The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Give the university guy the 3rd periid at least. I mean if we are losing might as well give both Dipietro and university guy a chance and make his day.

I agree.   We need at least two more St. Louis goals so I win the "Predict the score" contest here on CDC.  I predicted 5-2 St Lou.

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

That's what I'm talking about...changing his style of play.  If he wants to succeed, he'll likely have to.  Sometimes he's "down" in that position before he really needs to be.  I still feel that's something so fixable with Clark working with him.

He’s been in the AHL since 2019, so Clark has been with him for awhile.  He’s actually regressed from his 1st year in Utica.  It doesn’t look like he changed his style at all since his junior days.  He goes down into a crouch as soon as the puck is around the net.  It’s the way he has always played.  Unfortunately in the NHL with the shots coming so much faster his style won’t work in the big leagues.  Silovs is already ahead of him.  And Martin is also a much bigger goalie.  I could see Martin as our backup next year and Silovs the starter in Utica.  DiPietro will play out his contract this year.  Not sure if JR will re-sign him next year. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Past few games does illustrate why trading Miller or Horvat is suicide.

With how good this team has been since Boudreau took over combined with the effort level like tonights, I think we can beat the odds and make the playoffs.

High effort level, a #1 goalie, one man breakout machine in Hughes, and 3 center deep... we could make some noise in the playoffs.

I would love to keep the team together at least for this season unless some crazy offers are made.

• Vintage 1

I love how all of the analysts discuss how much the penalty kill sucks but not one of them ever discusses why. It's always just personell. 

Such a cop out.

We stopped being aggressive and we are giving too much responsibility to our defensemen on the pk. That's why it's failing so hard. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yea anyone looking to put blame on him need to look elsewhere.

Our forwards need to find a way to score in these ones. Can’t expect him to post a shutout for them.

Hey it's close we need a goal. No crap hey we expect Denko's backup to give up no more than 2 goals to now too I guess. Ha, he's played well. We won't give up. These guys are beatable.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

He's 5'10, the same size as Jonathan Quick.

Listed at 6’

he plays small. 
 he plays  really compact.

we’ve had small goalies that have been good Irbe comes to mind. 

hopefully he can adjust as he gets more games 

Jb screwed him last season leaving him rot on the taxi squad. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Past few games does illustrate why trading Miller or Horvat is suicide.

Quite the opposite for me.  Theres balance missing in the lineup and moving Miller is going to be the only real way to fix that.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Seattle made some pretty odd moves.

I think they are trying to be like Nashville and be a defensive team.

Yep. And Nashville realized that it wasn't working. Now they have some exotic forwards and look where they are!