The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jeff Petry has demanded trade, GM Hughes open to moving him

7 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Weird to think he had Norris level play last season. I could see a team like Boston giving up decent pieces for him. 

I don't know if Habs or Boston is keen on helping each other out but if no other option then maybe ;) 

Petry(retain 20%) & 2, 3rd r picks for Boeser & Poolman?

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Petry

**** - Schenn

Upgrade the last pair, LhD position at the TDL. Would be a vet-heavy D-core. They could hold the fort for a couple seasons, while we acquire lots of D-youth

I bet Petry would vastly improve on a decent team.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Petry

**** - Schenn

Upgrade the last pair, LhD position at the TDL. Would be a vet-heavy D-core. They could hold the fort for a couple seasons, while we acquire lots of D-youth

why? 

not every player needs to be a trade target for the canucks. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

why? 

not every player needs to be a trade target for the canucks. 

To be honest, have mostly avoided watching that Hab train wreck, this season. So don't know how bad this guy currently looks? He just put up 42 pts in 55 gp, 8 mos back.

Don't see us accomodating BB's 7.5 mill qa, nor should we risk term there. Feel we've tied up too much coin in fwds that have been pop-gun, overall.

With QH's dominant, skating, minute-munching style, could see a group of seasoned(& sizeable) D-vets complementing him nicely. During those 2, 3 yrs we build up a nice nucleus of ELC, d-youth.

Should we perform well the next few months, there's likely enough cap space left to keep the rest of the fwd core(provided they accept reasonable AAV's)

6.25 for three more years after this one? He's 34? Lol. I'm fine with Myers. Good luck with that contract, the Habs will need to add to get rid of it. We need younger D anyways. Edit. He looked great last year with Weber doing the heavy lifting on the right side. Not so much this year.

Edited by rekker
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

MTL is going to need D

to MTL: Myers

to VAN: Toffoli and (LD) Kaiden Guhle

clears a bit of cap

That’s the exact opposite of the kind of move they’ll be looking to make.  Toffoli is an affordable scoring forward and Guhle has been a beast in the minors this season. He’ll be with the big club next year.  

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Petry

**** - Schenn

Habs would need to add to Petry.  He’s a cap dump.  They have no (even decent) young players or prospects so it would take picks.  

Petry @ 50% retention + 2nd 2022 for Dickinson.  

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Petry

**** - Schenn

This is absolutely horrendous ahaha 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2