The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Potential of tanking for Bedard

Rate this topic

Gator

Now I know I am probably going to get a lot of backlash here, but hear me out first anyway :lol:

Move out some big names for some big hauls. This includes Miller, Garland, Boeser, Motte, and Horvat. Yes, I said Horvat. We could then look at shopping OEL, Myers, and other vets as well. We could get a very big haul of futures, and head into next year certain to be a bottome feeder again. We could potentially lan a Bedard or Michkov..

Bedard a BC boy would be a great player to add to the core for the next 10+ years, and I really do think he is worth tearing down for. lines in 3 years could look like... (Not including guys we get from trading big names above)

Podkolzin Pettersson Hoglander

XXXXXX Bedard Kakko(?)

XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX

XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX

Hughes Schnieder(?)

Tryamkin(?) Rathbone

XXXXXX XXXXXX

Demko

XXXXXX

Idk.. Im just bored and dreaming of scenerio's that could bring us a stanley cup. #TANK4BEDARD :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Canucks won't be making the playoffs, so they still have a chance to get that #1 in the lottery.

IMO though, Bettman rewards MTL with that 1st.  I also think JR has some pull and gets the Canucks a Top 3. 

If they don't get into the Top 3, I'm hoping for (RD) David Jiricek. Canucks need D.

EDIT - I was referring to this year's draft, I realize Bedard is next year. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks won't be making the playoffs, so they still have a chance to get that #1 in the lottery.

IMO though, Bettman rewards MTL with that 1st.  I also think JR has some pull and gets the Canucks a Top 3. 

If they don't get into the Top 3, I'm hoping for (RD) David Jiricek. Canucks need D.

JR has some pull? Does he pull balls? Lotto balls? 

• Haha 3

:lol:...

Hand up if you were one of the ones wanting to tank for Kappo, Lafreniere, Jack Highes, etc etc etc... and now wouldn't want to take any of them back for Miller ::D...

Bedard is going to be a real Superstar, but with out draft luck, we'd be wasting our time trying to win the lottery...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Now you can only move up 10 spots. So we need to finish 22nd-32nd in the league to have a chance.

I think it's possible without selling everyone. 

I hope we finally win the 1st overall pick. That would expedite the retool.

Edited by khay

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How's he going to like losing for a couple more seasons?

Because now he has a new GM and management suitable for a multimillion company.... The Benning legacy is dead and when Cull get fired the last $&!#ty bit of the real cancer in the Canucks is gone.

• Thanks 1