The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion - New Goal Song PLEASE!

Rate this topic

Gino Gino Gino

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

1:16 to 1:44 gives you 28 seconds to get the crowd pumped. Mix it if you need it longer.

The Jets used this song for awhile, it sounds good, but I'd prefer to add this song to the game Playlist rather than the goal song.

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I agree.

Also, our DJ HAS to get more on board with songs that are energy/pump up songs and some with a bit more of an intimidation factor. I'm not sure Call Me Maybe is really a hockey song. I get that you want to also attract young fans/families to the games, but come on. At times our building feels like we're at a tween concert then whisked off to a rave.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the direction from someone high up in the Canucks organization..

Haven't we had like 3 or 4 DJs now that have all played mostly top 100 pop music and steered away from any sorta rock or music that creates an atmosphere?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is the direction from someone high up in the Canucks organization..

Haven't we had like 3 or 4 DJs now that have all played mostly top 100 pop music and steered away from any sorta rock or music that creates an atmosphere?

Yeah, I’d agree it probably goes beyond the DJs at this point. 

Agreed.

Goal song I would say either the chorus of "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore (if we're ahead) or "Lose Yourself" by Eminem (if we're trailing in the game => gets the boys fired up and ready to go!)

The win song should be "All I Do is Win".   

Edited by Phil_314

I'd like to see Holiday come back, goal song for the most successful era of Canucks hockey was used in a lot of milestone moment's for this core, Pettersson's first NHL goal, Hughes first NHL point, Demko's first NHL win, List goes on not idea why they try and play around with other ones when that one just Cleary works for us  

• Cheers 1