The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

5-0 against the new york islander 5-0 against the anaheim 3-0 against the devils.. i honestly don't care how close we are to the playoffs make changes please.. the team no show in easy games. we can blame halak but the team was equally bad if not worse defensively

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

How bout some run support huh lads?

Not sure 9 goals a game is reasonable. 

This game and last he gave up 3 in the first :bigblush:

Yes they need to be better but so does halak. I don't know what happened to his confidence but he isn't playing like he can

Just now, BPA said:

Goes to show that Demko really does cover some of the team’s deficiencies.

Halak looks like he has no confidence in net though. And it spreads to the rest of the team.

Hate to say I called it but they threw away this game as soon as they decided to go to him.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

why are you $&!#ting on Halak?  The first one, maybe, but the last two certainly not

It wasn't so much about the goals as the fighting the puck. He looks totally off balance and struggling to follow the play.  Demko is a hard act to follow but we see what our starts  ouls have been if demko hadn't made so many unbelievable saves early in games.  

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

It 100% is.  The second goal is the only decent one to let in but that chance should be stopped 50% of the time and Halak never makes that stop.  The other two are beer league level.  Like seriously I don’t care he has a NMC if you need a backup play Martin

youre joking right? beer league level? the third goal?? 

Its so funny when Halak plays cause then we can truly see how trash our D is. We already know its trash but it gets overshadowed by Demko's elite saves but with Halak that doesnt happen.

Hilarious 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Rindiculous said:

It 100% is.  The second goal is the only decent one to let in but that chance should be stopped 50% of the time and Halak never makes that stop.  The other two are beer league level.  Like seriously I don’t care he has a NMC if you need a backup play Martin

Beer leaguers arent consistently stopping a placed shot short side from an NHL shooter with time on the PK. 

Defence left him to dry. 

first goal was whiffy ish, but the other two were 100% bad D coverage. 

Our PK is consistently awful regardless of the tendie. 

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Frustration. He keeps getting left hung out to dry when he plays, but he’s not doing himself any favours with his positional and reactionary play.

This last goal he didn’t even slide across, he shuffled and left half the net open for what should have easily been a clean goal. I dont know if he’s just having a serious run of bad luck but this are not going his way when he starts 

Just doesn't look like he's battling in the crease.  It's like if it's not a routine save, it's too much work.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

i fully expect the canucks to continue their losing streak against new jersey which will be at 12 after tonight lmao.. how did we lose 11 in a row to a rebuilding team?

Going to guess it has something to do with playing a rested Devils team on the second night of a back to back in a time zone 3 hours ahead but who knows

Gross halak is mid… look at the way he could barely get over on that last goal he just doesnt have it anymore please put demmer back in to at least give us a chance 

halaks mental game is not good anymore he gets shook to easy that position revolves around calmness