The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Pearson on the move?

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Yes but Pearson costs way less, so to make it work 

Pearson & Dickinson for Debrusk

We'd likely need to take some additional cap back (~$1.5m), but I'd LOVE something around that. Dickinson might actually fit in the B's too.

Edited by aGENT

Interesting question....

Where a player has a NTC and the team asks them to waive, do you think the player or his agent have the opportunity to talk with the destination team before deciding?

Like if Pearson was asked to waive for Boston... Can his agent call Boston GM and ask where Pearson would slot in, what his role would be etc before answering Canucks GM? I wonder. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So.  He's way better.  If it's Pearson for Debrusk that's a win for us.

Then trade Garland for cap room.  

This. But why on earth would Boston do this? Huge win for us if they do.

That is also about the only scenario where I’d be okaying a trade to move Garland.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

I've never understood some of the grief Pearson gets on here, I think he's played very well in his role here, and never thought his contract was as bad as some have made out. I actually like the niche he's carved for himself on this team. However.... I do think this is the right time to move him. He's had a great season and plays a heavy game that a contender could definitely use. I think he will slow down quite rapidly now. Seems to have a lost a step just in the last couple of seasons. So while I've disagreed with folks on here crapping on him and calling for his trade for the last couple of years. Now is the right time to pull the trigger.

I don't think he's that bad, even at his cap hit, but he should probably be a consistent 3rd line player on a really good hockey team.  The fact he's consistently a Top 6 on this team means we need to find a legitimate Top 6 to replace him, even if it costs a bit more on the cap (ie. $4m to $4.5M).

• Cheers 1

Tanner the person is great. But he isn't tough and is too slow. He is also a really streaky player. Has played some of his better hockey since Bruce took over since him and Horvat got split. Still I would not be sad seeing him go. We need cap space. 

Edit - I dont want Debrusk

Edited by Outsiders

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hard to see any team taking on that Dickinson contract.  

I get it - that contract is looking like a low value, LE 2.0 type contract.  Allvin can get creative - retain salary for multiple 6th or 7th round picks

Edited by ShawnAntoski

34 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Tanner the person is great. But he isn't tough and is too slow. He is also a really streaky player. Has played some of his better hockey since Bruce took over since him and Horvat got split. Still I would not be sad seeing him go. We need cap space. 

Edit - I dont want Debrusk

One of the toughest forwards we have had this season.

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think he's that bad, even at his cap hit, but he should probably be a consistent 3rd line player on a really good hockey team.  The fact he's consistently a Top 6 on this team means we need to find a legitimate Top 6 to replace him, even if it costs a bit more on the cap (ie. $4m to $4.5M).

Oh I agree. Not a fan of him being in the top 6. The funny thing is I didn't really notice him that often, in the top 6, so at least he wasn't making gaffes, but then he'd generate or get a big goal out of nowhere. Seems to be the type of player who doesn't score that often, but when he does, they're impactful and seems to change the game. So that's where I liked how he was fitting in. Reliable, but with some positive contributions. He'd be great on the 3rd line, but alas as I was saying, he is starting to slow down.