The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

At least J.B. loved the players that he drafted and acquired. He would have never dumped his beloved Motte for a freaking 4th round pick like he is worthless.  

Nope but he would let him walk out at free agency for nothing and say he "ran out of time" to re-sign him. 

Lets remember that Benning let the following players go without getting a return:
- Markstrom (Vezina caliber goaltender)
- Toffoli (top 6 sniper that teams have to pay 2 1st round caliber assets to get)
- Tanev (Arguably the best shutdown defenseman in the league)

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

It's not that we dumped Motte for a 4th... It's that this is culmination of months of "hard work" from our new management team. A lot of preaching and prepping for this!?

If the price to keep Motte was gonna be expensive (and it likely was), they did the responsible thing of moving him out.

For every Motte, you can also find Lammikos, Highmores, etc. willing to do the dirty work. Remember Ronalds Kenins and how gritty he was?  Are we missing him in 2022?   Bet you haven't thought about that name in years.

It'll be the same thing with Motte.  Again, good player, but not worth crying over.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bell said:

Woke up at 5 am and all we get is 4th rounder for Motte.  I am playing pick up hockey this aft, u probably shouldn;t upset me or we be fighting

Well, at least I didn’t waste my whole morning as I was playing Elden Ring while keeping track of Legendary GM Rutherford doing pretty much nothing.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

I'm crying of laughter lmfaoooo

This Canucks team is so capped out that they can't even afford to put fuel in the team bus, and you guys wanted Motte to stay for over 2M.

This fanbase never learns ahahhaha

Why are a lot of your posts talking about the fan base?

I think we did the right things this TDL.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

I'm crying of laughter lmfaoooo

This Canucks team is so capped out that they can't even afford to put fuel in the team bus, and you guys wanted Motte to stay for over 2M.

This fanbase never learns ahahhaha

The fact you think Motte handcuffs us it what is laughable. Mindless trolls never learn. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

On the positive side of things, I figure Richardson will be on the 4th line now with Lamikko and Highmore.

So that means no more Motto line...

But we now have the BLaH (Brad, Lamikko, Highmore) line....

raather keep motte than brad, atleast u could count on motte, brad could be a huge bust or he may need a cane soon

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it but life is not fair and being a Canuck fan, is part of the struggle. Atleast, the Canucks are doing better than our expansion cousin; but there crop of young players and there lower standing, might net them another good pick.  Ofcourse, the cap and there mediocrity will cause most of those players to re-gress.

I bet yoy any money our "expansion brother" wins a cup before us.. They are doing the right thing and rebuilding, we are forever stuck in this mediocre retool cycle that isn't going to be broken anytime soon. We will get more playoff appearances than BUF, but BUF will win the cup. We wont

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

We don't have any other players that were UFAs that we have to move.

Like it's been mentioned, the bulk of work will be done in the off season.

No need to make knee jerk trades if you know you can get decent value in the off season.

I'm genuinely baffled that people are so upset, how tf was this sequence of events not the most obvious and ideal outcome?

The only move that was reasonable to expect was the Motte trade.

The Hamonic/Dermott deals are just icing on the cake

Edited by eeeeergh
  • Cheers 2

I like getting a return on assets that we are about to lose. While its not a third and let’s be real, Motte was never going to get a 2nd round pick. It’s better than losing him for nothing and the past management would’ve let him walk. So I’m happy with this, I hope the rest of CDC is nice to New GM Alvin. No yelling please…

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Because the fanbase is losing their minds.  I agree, this trade was a good move.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

me too. We didn't fire sale our best talent, and we made a couple of decent small moves. 

Lots of time to work on draft day moves, and other off-season changes. 

Its funny to see all the hair on fire comments, Jesus there's no rush here kids. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 4