The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

1 hour ago, NucknAsia said:

Interesting comments from John Shannon and Kipper today. Say JR is going to massively overhaul the team, he doesn't like the room, its a country club. Core is Petey, Hughes, Demko. Not that this wasn't evident but its the first time we are now hearing from "real insiders" that things are happening....and not tinkering at the margin with players like Poolman and Pearson.

Bo is a maybe

Boeser they won't pay

Miller who knows

Team will look DRASTICALLY different in 6 months and expect major changes including moves at the draft....

https://twitter.com/GradySas/status/1535336894434660353?s=20&t=iyF3Gd32xm3fU3LZroyHZQ

I think that’s just GM speak for you guys better be already working out twice as hard than you did last off season.

Don’t make me come down there 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Kypreos is hardly an insider for the Canucks. Stating the obvious about changes. The country club comment stems from a different era.  Guys dredging the sanitary station for fresh news.

Go slam your head on the ice again Kippy. 

I fully agree with you on that. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Said this for years..  from Naslunds quiet approach and “we choked” explanation,  handed off to the soft politically correct shoulders, and “silence is strength” Sedins,

the emotion dissipated into cliches’ with Bo.

We never Drafted Miller, to bad, but what he has evolved into , all by himself is a fearless , vocal leader on and off the ice.

When he went to management and the NHL during Covid, after a lengthy full team “quarantine” and told them that the TEAM needed more time to get into shape before returning to games,   That stood out to me immensely,  Bo should have been all over that.

Its the “culture” change that’s needed here, and we need to get back to the grinding hockey this team and a cast of “all sorts” was famous for,  and has taken us to the Cup Finals 3 times .

personaly , I’d keep Miller, Bo ..  let Boeser go.

We need to find a true, proven NHL power forward to replace him,  and make some slight moves to retain physical fast game presence on the D core.

It’s gotta get ugly before it gets better!!

with what’s available in UFA ‘s…

C95C7B76-40C1-4D5B-9ACB-95EB9A889519.jpeg

You are part of the problem with this toxic fanbase.

Comments like the above are absolutely trash. You should be ashamed of yourself for not evolving beyond your subhuman sensibilities. The Sedins were not the problem, and neither was Naslund.

Both these players had played a long time in the NHL at high levels. You are not "soft" at those levels. Get out of here with your garbage.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

I mean, it wasn't long ago that JR was very clear about the club wanting Bo to be here long-term. Brock would only get moved if they are way off in terms of the next contract and JT seems like the most obvious big name to be traded. 

I am not buying much if any of the speculations coming from the media when management are consistently contradicting what is being written or said. 

Changes are coming, for sure, but this is just clickbait stuff. 

• Cheers 2