The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks targetting Copp, Mikheyev, and Lazar

52 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR most likely will move Pearson to make way for Mikheyev.  He is another Russian we can add and maybe Kuzmenko comes as well.  I wouldn't waste my time with Copp, I'd rather go after Roy from Vegas who is exactly what we need on the 3rd line.

I'm surprised Phil Kessel isn't on the list.  He has the history with JR and was huge in that playoff run with Pittsburgh.  I think he could work well on a 3rd line with Mikheyev and Roy.

Kessel is interesting, could probably squeeze more out of him on a more talented roster

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Pearson in for Mikheyev would be a great lateral move (in terms of cap). Mikheyev brings great speed. I can't remember from the leafs SHORT run but I believe I saw him on the PK? Can anyone confirm? Mikheyev I see as a third liner not a top 6. Has to make around 3 million for me. Cant be up at 3.5-3.9

Based on his PK time, I would infer that he was on the 2nd PK unit for TO last year in the regular season. The same appeared to be true for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR most likely will move Pearson to make way for Mikheyev.  He is another Russian we can add and maybe Kuzmenko comes as well.  I wouldn't waste my time with Copp, I'd rather go after Roy from Vegas who is exactly what we need on the 3rd line.

I'm surprised Phil Kessel isn't on the list.  He has the history with JR and was huge in that playoff run with Pittsburgh.  I think he could work well on a 3rd line with Mikheyev and Roy.

Rutherford traded Kessel away.  He 1st tried to send him to Minnesota and Kessel nixed the trade.  Kessel disputed Rutherford's claim that he asked for a trade and implied that he was making things up.  Don't think either side want a reunion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Pearson in for Mikheyev would be a great lateral move (in terms of cap). Mikheyev brings great speed. I can't remember from the leafs SHORT run but I believe I saw him on the PK? Can anyone confirm? Mikheyev I see as a third liner not a top 6. Has to make around 3 million for me. Cant be up at 3.5-3.9

Ya he’s a pker and a top 9 guy who slots in the top 6 like a Hansen and Burrows.

I like him.  

I like all of these players but UFA premium on copp and mikheyev could be bad.

Lazar makes sense as he improved in some ways and is a serviceable fourth liner and could help with some RH draws and add some cheap bottom 6 C depth.

-

Say we signed all 3 which is a hard scenario to see happening, Miller would have to be traded though ofc and look something like this with kuzmenko signed:.

Garland-EP40-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Mikheyev

Pearson-Copp-Hoglander

Highmore-Lammikko-Lazar

Lockwood

Everyone in the top 9 is capable of 20+ goals and there’s a mix of grit / skill and exp on each line. So kinda interesting.

I just think Copp gonna get overpaid 6+ and no way that’s us.

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

Ya he’s a pker and a top 9 guy who slots in the top 6 like a Hansen and Burrows.

I like him.  

I like all of these players but UFA premium on copp and mikheyev could be bad.

Lazar makes sense as he improved in some ways and is a serviceable fourth liner and could help with some RH draws and add some cheap bottom 6 C depth.

-

Say we signed all 3 which is a hard scenario to see happening, Miller would have to be traded though ofc and look something like this with kuzmenko signed:.

Garland-EP40-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Mikheyev

Pearson-Copp-Hoglander

Highmore-Lammikko-Lazar

Lockwood

Everyone in the top 9 is capable of 20+ goals and there’s a mix of grit / skill and exp on each line. So kinda interesting.

I just think Copp gonna get overpaid 6+ and no way that’s us.

Is Pods not coming back from Russia?

if Kuzmenko signs elsewhere then Pods fills his spot in your projected lineup.  

If Kuzmenko signs with us (fingers crossed) then Pods can play in Garland’s spot.  Garland we could trade for a young D. 

Watching Mikheyev last two years, I really feel like he's bound for a break out wherever he ends up next year. 30 goal/25 assist seasons isn't out of the question IMO (I mean he paced for 32 goals last year...). Plus, good size and good along the boards. Would be stoked to get him before that break out happens.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Does this answer your question?

philbike.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Stop whinging.  Everyone knows Dhaliwal us in with a bunch of agents.

He knows a crap ton more than you do.

no, he really doesn't. he makes up stuff and pulls it out of his ass. he used to have some connections but then his loose lips sunk that ship. he doesn't have a clue.