The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CGY Gaudreau seeking 10mill+ per year on new deal

RWJC

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Per Chris Johnston

CGY F Gaudreau will likely end up making 10mill minimum on his next contract and if he becomes a UFA the Kraken will be heavily pursuing him. 

Flames are stupid not to offer the Little feller 80 million.  If they lose him, the the Puke will be next.  They will be stuck with an old and slow craperolla team.  Suck pucks Flame fans. 

I imagine it’ll become more a trend for a player approaching UFA to opt out of  re-signing with their home club prior to testing the UFA market first. 

Teams can’t tamper. The cost of obtaining rights to speak with the player are costly and discussions are non-binding. It also presents an interested team a VERY favourable opportunity to convince the player to go to market whereby they know in advance what they could get, effectively handicapping the home club or holding it hostage against other market offers. This again dilutes the returns if trying to unload prior to the UFA deadline. 

CGY will be in a bind if they resign both JG and MT and having it come this far and potentially chaotic, it’s a sound strategy for a player agent to put the pressure on the home club while shopping their client around. 
Serious leverage.

Edited by RWJC

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Per Chris Johnston

CGY F Gaudreau will likely end up making 10mill minimum on his next contract and if he becomes a UFA the Kraken will be heavily pursuing him. 

Too bad these donkeys didn't just take VT from STL when they had the chance

25 minutes ago, gurn said:

Nothing really wrong with asking, but I don't know if he's good enough to expect it.

115 points. Was decent in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

If I'm Calgary I'm only offering that to tkachuk.  He brings far more of a complete package in all facets if the game than Jonny hockey.

One of them will have to go and only one of them is going to be effective long term.

Trade him for a mint

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

Nothing really wrong with asking, but I don't know if he's good enough to expect it.

115 points. Was decent in the playoffs. Their best player in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

115 points. Was decent in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

115 points. Was decent in the playoffs. Their best player in the playoffs.

He was one of their best players in the playoffs.

My unbiased opinion is that I am genuinely afraid when he is in the zone with the puck against the Canucks. Tkapuke doesn't scare me. Lindholm is kinda scary. Johnny is actually terrifying. He's a very skilled player. He will get $10mill from Jersey.

The problem here is he wants the east coast. I could see him sacrificing the 8th year in Calgary and signing 7x10 in Philly or jersey.

• Like 1