The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Valeri Nichushkin

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If Nichushkin is getting $6.125M for 8-years, then Horvat is presumably going to at least be in the low $7Ms.  I know they play different positions and have different profiles, but centers are generally even more valuable than wingers.  Drance was predicting $7.5M for Horvat which is looking like a more reasonable prediction.

I said BO would get 7x7 on the open market and people laughed.  Thinking he would sign for $6 million.  I'd take Horvat any day over Nichushkin.  If Nichushkin is getting $49 million then Horvat is getting well over $50 million.  7.125x8 is my prediction...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Oh wow they gave him what I would max out at with horvat. Interesting 

It’s these kinds of deal why (IMHAO) we should trade Bo.  No way No signs for less that 7 mil x 8 years.  And that’s just too much for him.  Honestly, we need to trade both Bo and Miller (like Sakic did with ROR and ?Duchene) and rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s these kinds of deal why (IMHAO) we should trade Bo.  No way No signs for less that 7 mil x 8 years.  And that’s just too much for him.  Honestly, we need to trade both Bo and Miller (like Sakic did with ROR and ?Duchene) and rebuild. 

If anyone on the team would take as close to a team friendly deal it's Bo imo. I'm okay with 8 years if the dollar is this number. He probably has a job once he retires from hockey as well.

Also, We have already drafted and developed the superstar D, C and G. You have to support them between now and the very near future. There is no rebuild on the horizon with those 3 on the team 

Edited by Mustard Tiger
Added

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Bo and Miller, we won't have Petey in 2 years either. He already said he wants to play for a competitive team. We trade 2/3 of our best offensive players to do full re-build then we will not be competitive when Petey's deal is up.

And if we trade both of them, might as well go all in and trade Demko and really tank it up.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nichushkin just got $49 million.  And some of you think Miller is going to sign for $40 million...   :lol:

I think there were people here proposing Canucks sign Nichushkin in the UFA for 4 x 4. Sometime people here don't understand reality :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I think there were people here proposing Canucks sign Nichushkin in the UFA for 4 x 4. Sometime people here don't understand reality :lol:

What it comes down to is lack of awareness when it comes to anything outside our market. It's time consuming to be a diehard canucks fan like many are here... so I don't really blame them

Crazy overvaluing our own player, Crazy undervaluing other teams players though and we see the results of it with nearly every post on every topic :P

• Upvote 1

Awesome player. Top tier 2 way player with size and hustle.

After 5 years salary drops to 4.8 mill for final 3 seasons. He'll be tradeable at that time..

The guy hustles and back checks with the best of them. Top 20 defensive forward in the league and puts up goals and points.  

Nichushkin was COL number one target to re sign out of their UFAs.

Not surprised at all Sakic prioritized Nichushkin to get re signed and remain an Avalanche player.. 

I made a post about it earlier this morning. Avs had to retain this guy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Horvat doesn't  deserve more than Nichushkin.  Besides Horvat being a C Nichushkin is the better player. 

Because Horvat is a C I think Horvat is worth same money and term. If both were wings Nichushkin is the better player..  so being C makes Horvats value same as Nichushkin..

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BPA said:

Wow.  One good season of just 50pts get him $6M+ x 8yrs.  Think that is an overpayment.

Some posters on CDC think Boeser was overpaid was only worth $5M.  :P

Boeser is no where close to Nichushkin. This guy is a 200 ft monster with size speed skill and a high rev motor. 

The pts are just the icing on the cake. The guy is a true beast all over the ice.  

Can't compare the two players.

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Horvat doesn't  deserve more than Nichushkin.  Besides Horvat being a C Nichushkin is the better player. 

Because Horvat is a C I think Horvat is worth same money and term. If both were wings Nichushkin is the better player..  so being C makes Horvats value same as Nichushkin..

You think Nichuskin is better than horvat?

Stephen Colbert Thinking GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1