The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Elias Pettersson will be a Vancouver Canuck for life, will break all of the Canucks scoring records and will be regarded as the greatest Vancouver Canucks player of all time when his career is over...

Points in a single season? You'd better get to work.. 

Horvat is a poor defensive player. His excellent faceoff percentage and him being touted as a "strong two way player" in the 2013 draft have blinded people to that fact.

Piggybacking off of what another poster said, had JT Miller been drafted by this organization most people wouldn't want him traded.

Losing Manny Malholtra as faceoff coach was a massive gut punch to the organization. Benning should have tried to retain him at all costs. 

Our current management group will fail just as hard as Benning's group did. Without getting into details, the way it was constructed leads me to believe that selecting the best people for the job was a secondary consideration for Rutherford.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, rychicken said:

Based on the PM's I get...my opinion that Myers is not a top-pair Dman on a good team is unpopular

sort-of-related to the Canucks unpopular opinion - Dhaliwal is an unprofessional clod

I am not sure if anyone on CDC thinks that Myers is a legitimate top pairing D-man on ANY team. I guess a few people might think Myers is a good top pairing D, but not many.)

I kind of like Myers.  He plays hard and he is a good player.  But he is not a top-pairing D.  With the right partner he could be a  good 2nd pairing D. The problem is that he is not a good fit with OEL as OEL has to focus too much on covering for Myers.

That is why I like trying OEL with Hughes. Myers might be pretty good playing with Dermott, as Dermott can play the "stay-at-home" role and  we don't lose much in potential offence. 

• Cheers 1

Unpopular with some; although O am sure a fair few also agree?

I don't get why Luongo was upset that he did not get his tires pumped.

Nor did he have the class the Twins did in admitting some of the area's they got beat in the Finals. Just got mad with the scrutiny.

Reality was he was the highest paid hockey player in the world at that moment.  And he got outplayed. Maybe so did the Nucks?  But that was his moment to earn that contract!

Instead he fled.

• Cheers 4

Agree with surfer. The moment I saw that Lou clip I knew our run was over! 

1 thing I find odd is the almost apologetic way some ppl post about having a franchise goalie like Demko. Don’t recall L.A fans apologizing for havin Quick in net for their cup runs. Or Vegas and fleury when they basically got throttled by the jets and still won that series 4-1.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Xanlet said:

Vancouver will never win the Cup while the cap is flat across all teams. Taxes cause players' take-home pay to be way lower in Canada than in places like Florida and Texas. Essentially The Panthers, Lightning, and Stars get over $15m of extra cap each and there is simply no way to overcome this level of handicap. It's unpopular to say this though cause no one wants to talk about it.

Least of all, the Little General