The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Monahan, 1st to Montreal

AngryElf

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic doesn't have character issues.  

He's been loved by every one of his teammates.  

Wasn't he the one helping Tanev move? 

He greeted Tofu at the airport.  

No character issues, you gotta let 2011 go. I would take Lucic for 1 mil in a heartbeat. 

Tofu.   Something you sometimes eat but then think?  Why?   Move on indeed. 

35 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Absolutely agree with both of these sentiments. I also look at it from another perspective though and what his presence alone on the bench can afford for in terms of boosting confidence for some players who aren’t so apt or keen to defend themselves.  I guess it’s more of an insurance policy so to speak…if you run, slash or attempt to injure one of our guys, you or your top players will receive the same treatment in return by someone who is capable of doing real damage. 

it’s still a contact sport that is played at high speed and guys like Kadri utilize every aspect of their toolbox to engage competition. Considering he’s going to be valuable for CGY, it’d be nice to know we have someone who could virtually eviscerate him if need be. He will still be the kind of player he is, so a response is a solid option considering he’s now a regular in our division. 

Lucic doesn't really have the guts to stand up for teammates; he mostly throws tantrums because he can't take a clean hit like a man.  He wouldn't be welcome on any respectable team.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic doesn't have character issues.  

He's been loved by every one of his teammates.  

Wasn't he the one helping Tanev move? 

He greeted Tofu at the airport.  

No character issues, you gotta let 2011 go. I would take Lucic for 1 mil in a heartbeat. 

He's known for headshotting goalies, spearing guys in the balls, and death threats in the handshake line.  He's an absolute disgrace to the sport and no one in their right mind would have any respect for that worthless scumbag.  Lucic has absolutely zero value as either a l player or as a person.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's known for headshotting goalies, spearing guys in the balls, and death threats in the handshake line.  He's an absolute disgrace to the sport and no one in their right mind would have any respect for that worthless scumbag.  Lucic has absolutely zero value as either a l player or as a person.

I'm not sure how much of a factor he's really going to be anymore. I can't see him risking a concussion from a fight at 34, not to defend something dumb Kowdri did. 

I'm still pissed at Green for giving up on MacEwan and Gadjovich, we could use at least one of them to deal with Kowdri and his antics. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lucic doesn't really have the guts to stand up for teammates; he mostly throws tantrums because he can't take a clean hit like a man.  He wouldn't be welcome on any respectable team.

Agree to disagree on whether he would be welcome on another team. That’s just opinion Heff. If the price (salary) was right, I think he’d able to continue his career with many teams.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I'm not sure how much of a factor he's really going to be anymore. I can't see him risking a concussion from a fight at 34, not to defend something dumb Kowdri did. 

I'm still pissed at Green for giving up on MacEwan and Gadjovich, we could use at least one of them to deal with Kowdri and his antics. 

I'm pissed at Benning for allowing Green to destroy the team with those cuts.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

That’s the thing, he doesn’t have to fight.

he’s still a brutal hitter who with his sheer size alone can destroy people. 
his mitts are still also good for a few goals. He’s still a player, hate him or not. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

That’s the thing, he doesn’t have to fight.

he’s still a brutal hitter who with his sheer size alone can destroy people. 
his mitts are still also good for a few goals. He’s still a player, hate him or not. 

I don't hate him, I want that Loui for Lucic deal to happen. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

For all the crap that Calgary got for this offseason, this is how you clear space AND make changes.

JR/Allvin have a lot of work to do before they should be praised. We are sitting ducks.

While I agree they haven’t earned praise yet, dogging on them this early is just as bad a look imo. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Gonna be weird seeing a Calgary with no Tkachuk, Giordano, Monahan and Gaudreau. For those who say it takes time to change a team’s identity, I think Treviling might have something to say about it. 

calgary gonna be nutty this coming year, i wouldn't be shocked if they go far into the playoffs, esp if markstrom can get back to his form when he was a nuck, calgary GM made some crazy good trades/signings this year

2 minutes ago, x00x said:

calgary gonna be nutty this coming year, i wouldn't be shocked if they go far into the playoffs, esp if markstrom can get back to his form when he was a nuck, calgary GM made some crazy good trades/signings this year

They have a decent defence and a solid top 2 forward lines. 

If Marky can be what we know he can be, Calgary could certainly be a tough matchup for anyone. 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Was just reading on THW that he's essentially not gonna play at all before March and most likely not at all this season but will be with the team after Dec.

Montreal gonna take Bedard ++ this coming draft :( 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Never say never.  But yeah.  Never. 

Dobson 23, RD, 6'4, 52 points last season will demand 5 yrs X 7.7 million at least.. Cant see Islanders trading 

Miller for Dobson...

Maybe Maybe...

Miller- 29 -  Hoglander 22,  Rathbone 23 --NYI

Dobson 23---  3rd 2023.  -Van