The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Monahan, 1st to Montreal

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So we didn't make the playoffs because of our D and your solution is to stack the offence?

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Um we were top 3 5on5 and 8th overall.

We were 24th in offense.

We didn't make the playoffs because of our start and poor offensive output.

But way to contribute too a convo.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

PLUS alot of future with them trading 1sts like candy 

Sadly, they have a grace period of next year without much loss.  After that they'll have everyone they need signed and still have all their picks for the most part.  Kinda hate what treliving has managed to do

40 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

But.... but.... I thought teams weren't allowed to trade good players in order to improve!!! 

how does this apply? gaudreau left as ufa to be anywhere other than calgary, they wanted to keep tkachuk and make him their captain but he forced his way out because he didn't want to be there either, and monahan is broken and washed up. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Probably.  It sounds like Montresl may also be making a secondary move (Dvorak to Nashville?) 

Why would Nashville do that?  They've found their top-6 wing in Niederreiter.  Poile also says they have to keep cap open for the raises for their young players in the coming seasons and their vets won't come off the books before then.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Why would Nashville do that?  They've found their top-6 wing in Niederreiter.  Poile also says they have to keep cap open for the raises for their young players in the coming seasons and their vets won't come off the books before then.  

I’m just parroting what I’ve read from a few Montreal reporters.  To be fair it’s pure speculation 

• Haha 1