The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, rekker said:

It's so deep. The issues on this team are deep. Deep. This could get ugly in a hurry. No depth on an already weak blue line with injuries mounting. And we are at the cap. Lol. What a mess.

Blueline hasn't even been the problem.

The PP has taken its turn to sink our season, half of our great fwd depth doesn't care enough. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't buy that for a second.

His personality is one of a competitor who hates to lose. Nope.

If he didn't care he'd likely be closer to home by now...he saw something here in this team and wants to win with them.

I agree with this. I don't think he's the type of person to just not care. That being said, he has actively been a major part of the reason we're starting the season 0-2. He needs to be better, far better. Simple as that. 

He's getting paid big money for a long time, he can't be playing like this.

Edited by Shayster007

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

What is going on with Miller. Two goals where he was directly responsible for catching or keeping in contact with a player and didn't. 

Why do the Canucks keep passing the puck around so much?

Stop overcomplicating things. How many times did the Canucks either pass the puck too much or hold onto the puck too long and guess what - lost the puck! When you have to puck it should be a rule that you have to shoot on net after 3 passes. Even more so on the PP - shoot the puck and look for the puck NOT keep passing for the perfect shot!

This is going to be a LONG season if it keeps going this way. In both games, the Canucks are playing like they think they are the better team, but then find themselves losing because the other team fought harder for the puck.

Not just two, He's been out there for every goal against lol

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, klw604 said:

Keep:

Petterson

Hoglander

Garland

Podkolzin

Aman

Lazar

Hughes

Schenn

OEL

Burroughs

Demko

Trade:

Horvat

Miller

Pearson

Boesor

Myers

Poolman

Dowling

To be determined:

Mikheyev

Kuzmenko

Joshua

Dermott

Rathbone

Stillman

Martin

This team only goes as far as Hughes and Petterson and Demko takes them, that's your core

No trade all of them. By the time we have the other pieces in place Highes Petey, and Demko are out of their prime and worth very little. 

Trading those three will kick start the rebuild we clearly need now. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Maybe it all went away after signing that contract? Only time will tell 

I personally doubt it, but when he's not piling up points his frequent mistakes are certainly more noticeable. He got a pass last season from a lot of folks because he was producing, if he's not producing he won't get that pass this season. 

Not that producing should necessarily excuse mistakes but guys who produce tend to get more slack. 

Edited by Coconuts

I’m at a point where maybe because of the nuclear disaster happening with the back end,  we should just blow it all up and sell off everyone. Get a good shot at Bedard and accumulate 10-12 first rounders.  Endure another 5 years of garbage but come back as a power house team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Blueline hasn't even been the problem.

The PP has taken its turn to sink our season, half of our great fwd depth doesn't care enough. 

That's part of it. If they can't play with some fire and emotion, why the hell should I pour my heart into it. I could go on and on. So much not right. So much.

• Like 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

I’m at a point where maybe because of the nuclear disaster happening with the back end,  we should just blow it all up and sell off everyone. Get a good shot at Bedard and accumulate 10-12 first rounders.  Endure another 5 years of garbage but come back as a power house team. 

If only we had a player coming off a near 100 pt season that we could have sold to get a solid return and expedite things...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

This reminds me of the oilers pre McDavid and Draisaitl.

Hall, Eberle, yakupov, gagner gave  those fans hope every year because of their perceived individual talent. Just a wrong combo backed by a limp defence that brought perpetual misery. 

i hope they can turn it around from this bad start. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Sad 4

We all know, we don't get to draft Bedard... 

Even if we are dead last, it won't happen... so are there in RHDs worthy of consideration in next years draft. 

Have a feeling a massive change of personal is coming in Vancouver over the next months.

Especially if this doesn't improve instantly and massively...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I can accept losing when the team plays hard and puts in the effort.

This though is embarrassing. The best player(s) were horrible, Miller seems disinterested, special teams suck and aside from a couple players this is still Benning's team.

Nothing has changed this year to impact tbe core of the team which is depressing.

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He's been slow, lazy and sloppy. That ain't gonna get better in his mid-30s.

If this whole situation doesn't improve drastically, we are best served trading him for whatever we can get, just to avoid a Loui-like albatross in the not-to-distant future.