The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, JayDangles said:

Before everyone totally blasts the nucks... Keep in mind the Devil's are a very good team and leading the league in a lot of areas at both ends of the ice including goaltending.

But Miller sucks this year... People can rip on him all they want

So you're telling me... that's a good team over there?  I think I've heard this before for the past 5 years.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

At this point we just need to ride it out.  

Sell hard at the deadline if it keeps up.  Core piece or two + peripherals. In the offseason we’ll still have Petey-Miller-Hughes-OEL-Demko and a decent wingers or two.

Management can decide to rebuild (trade Demko, Pettersson, maybe even Hughes) or re-tool gunning for a 1RD and a true 3C around that group.

Just so listless in losses right now it’s mind numbing.

If we put up Kuz, Garland, Horvat at the deadline and do this rebuild properly, we could end up drafting 4x in the first round 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Benning’s team looked pretty good to end last season.  This Rutherford team looks terrible.  :sick:

Benning trolls out in force 

Benning team always look good after January when other teams are resting up for the post season and Benning homers are celebrating ruining draft lottery odds. Lolololololol

Year after year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Before everyone totally blasts the nucks... Keep in mind the Devil's are a very good team and leading the league in a lot of areas at both ends of the ice including goaltending.

But Miller sucks this year... People can rip on him all they want

The issue is they have more younger players to be excited about and we are languishing in no mans land.  If you take the Bo/Schneider trade as a starting point for both teams, who looks more like a competitor right now?

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

The organization, by prioritizing MIller over Bo, made a mistake in my opinion. I hope Bo keeps on trucking like he is and gets the contract he deserves…hopefully with the Canucks but could very well be somewhere else. And that would be too damn bad.

Rutherford, I do believe you bet on the wrong horse.

It's looking more and more that way with each passing game

Horvat and Pettersson have been our best forwards 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

He might be the only chip, not sure how much Boeser Myers and Pearsons values will be. 

Pearson should never have been re signed. Defensively he was okay and offensively the same but he’s overvalued here because, well, we tend to overvalue players in this market and he’s one of a few players that can actually play somewhat defensively responsible, sometimes.

Edited by Pickly

4 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

I kept saying that we should have re-signed Bo and traded Miller for a young high end defenceman but instead we re-signed him for some reason I can't comprehend.

The reason this management re-signed Miller is because he had 0 high end trade value. We ain't getting a young high end d man for Miller. 

This management team is too damned scarred to lose a trade or lose asset for nothing in exchange for valuable cap space that they decided to double down and make mistakes. 

This team need to lose some trade and fail at 'assets management for the next few years to get back on track. 

Just now, -NucksFan said:

Don’t care much about Thursday game, but excited for Bieksa retiring here ::D seeing him out there will just miss that Canucks team more 

I don’t know, after seeing this team, Bieksa might be thinking maybe he’s still NHL calibre after all.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1