The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If I didn’t know better I would say Bruce was trying to lose.

The amount that he put Stillman and Boeser out there just didn’t make sense based on their play.

I couldn't believe that after the 4-4 goal I saw Myers and Stillman back out there..

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Demko,the pass up the middle cost him.

After 3 hits (one was a a sort of hip check). Stillman went quiet. He looks lost in traffic in our crease.

Burroughs plays the body way more consistently,  and makes reads in his crease better than Stillman.  Burroughs averages over 2 hits a game and over 1 5 blocks a game. Because Burroughs wants it more.

Stillman is a passenger. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

Just when we had a chance to change our own destiny we blew it. Beat LA 4-1, Demko and our D looked solid again and we're trouncing Vegas 4-2 in the middle of the third. Demko looked solid for most of the game. Then we take it into our own hands and give up 3 straight goals.

We could have really made an argument to say let's not sell just yet but try and fight for the playoffs if they held on tonight but they didn't and Demko still sucks. Any glimpse of hope is gone now.

31 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Fickle fanbase.  If we had won tonight the fans would have said, "we're playing well now" and "maybe there's a chance".  But we lose and it's back to stripping down the team and starting over.  If Demko played like last year, I think we win most of these games that we gave up the lead on and we're well in the playoff race.  But the reality is that JR is correct......we may have won a lot of games last season in the last half but we relied on ridiculous goaltending to get there and that's not a make-up of a great team.  

I hate to say this, but I may have moved from apathy to actually wanting them to drop some more games here......not to be sadistic, but to hopefully lay down the path that needs to be taken in order to see a cup here.  We surely need to do this before Miller's new contract kicks in as I think there's hope that he can still be traded.  

But we didn't win.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

What is this team doing with Podz :sick:

When it’s all said and done Benning will have gone 2/5 on top 10 picks. Not using Podz properly at all this season.

Someone posted some odds for players that make it to 200 games.    OJ was the only actual complete bust.   Not saying we should have done better though... but it's actually pretty ordinary so far.   QHs and EP mitigate it somewhat.   Podz could still play 800 games in this league who knows.   One thing that thread didn't include is what the scouts themselves consider a bust.   JV was in the 400 range - he made himself a bust but JB did draft him so yes ... 3 of 5 now seems like the best he may manage.    Brock far exceeded where he was picked a long time ago but gets bashed on here all the time.   McAan of course did too.   But we traded him lol. 

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Fickle fanbase.  If we had won tonight the fans would have said, "we're playing well now" and "maybe there's a chance".  But we lose and it's back to stripping down the team and starting over.  If Demko played like last year, I think we win most of these games that we gave up the lead on and we're well in the playoff race.  But the reality is that JR is correct......we may have won a lot of games last season in the last half but we relied on ridiculous goaltending to get there and that's not a make-up of a great team.  

I hate to say this, but I may have moved from apathy to actually wanting them to drop some more games here......not to be sadistic, but to hopefully lay down the path that needs to be taken in order to see a cup here.  We surely need to do this before Miller's new contract kicks in as I think there's hope that he can still be traded.  

Moved to that position fairly quick this season. First time ever I felt like this. 

I still support us during games and get happy, when we win, but seeing us blow it year in year out, and then draft out side the juicy picks because od morale victories, has made it tough to continue looking at the positives...

This year there's gravy at the draft, so lets get a real good shot at some good players to come in and support Petey, if he hangs around. A great draft this year, and a rebuild of the defence in the offseason could change our fortunes for the better in the coming years. 

So no morale victories.
Lets suck the butt out of this season baby and draft in the top 2-3, with perhaps a few more picks in the top 2 rounds. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

At least Schenn doesn't come with poor excuses... 

Exactly as a lot of us have been saying.  The team needs dmen and forwards that can battle.  You cant put hughes out there late when you have the lead.  Hes improved a lot in his positioning but hes physically outmuscled consistently.  And obviously Boeser, and dries the same.  Get these two off the ice when its crunch time.

The team need a shut down pair desperately. 

The draft is the only way to fix this mess.

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly as a lot of us have been saying.  The team needs dmen and forwards that can battle.  You cant put hughes out there late when you have the lead.  Hes improved a lot in his positioning but hes physically outmuscled consistently.  And obviously Boeser, and dries the same.  Get these two off the ice when its crunch time.

The team need a shut down pair desperately. 

The draft is the only way to fix this mess.

Makes me wonder how in the world did Colorado land Makar?  Our QH is very soft in his own. zone. JR must be on the stealth tank this year and planning to sell at the deadline. Hopefully the glut of forwards can help our reset.