Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

Just now, Warhippy said:

At that point why not retain on all 3

Horvat 50%

Kuzmenko 50%

Schenn 50%

It's literally just dead/worthless cap anyway to this team after the tdl and makes literally zero difference in our year if we do it

I'd rather keep Kuzmenko unless we get an offer that blows us away.  Put him out there and see what the offers are of course, but ideally I'd want to keep Kuzy with Petey and try and get a King's ransom for Horvat and Schenn...

• Cheers 2

Love Schenn and what he brings to the team, and ideally, he could be on our back end the next 5-6 years.... but that is not going to happen, as he isn't young any longer. 

If a 1st or 2nd round pick for Schenn is offered, it should be taken...

We can't afford to keep players that are getting on with age, if the returns are high picks. 

In saying that, if the second is flipped for another stillman, then, for the love of god, keep Schenn...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd rather keep Kuzmenko unless we get an offer that blows us away.  Put him out there and see what the offers are of course, but ideally I'd want to keep Kuzy with Petey and try and get a King's ransom for Horvat and Schenn...

If a contending team could somehow add Horvat AND Schenn, that's going to put them over the top. Those are two guys that are going to show up big-time in the playoffs. How much is a Stanley Cup worth? Some very, very good picks and prospects I would think!

Schenn brings a lot of elements to the table that a playoff bound team would love.  One of them is toughness.  Fights, hits, backs up team mates.

Wait a minute...didnt a GM once give up a 1st for Ryan Reaves?

If a 1st is offered you would have to take it.

19 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

If a contending team could somehow add Horvat AND Schenn, that's going to put them over the top. Those are two guys that are going to show up big-time in the playoffs. How much is a Stanley Cup worth? Some very, very good picks and prospects I would think!

Exactly.  My thought was to package them to one team.  With 50% salary retained they would only cost around $3.3 million combined.  New Jersey, Carolina, Vegas, NY Rangers, Boston, Dallas.  Even Tampa Bay might want to take one more shot.  I'm thinking New Jersey and the NY Rangers could offer us the best packages.  Nemec, Holtz and a 1st from Jersey.  Kakko, Schneider and a 1st from Rangers.  Jarvis, Morrow and a 1st from Carolina.  These are examples.  Maybe more can be put into play with a bidding war at the TDL...

• Cheers 1