The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

I wouldn't mind if they went on a run here. It's always fun to see underdogs do some damage. It's not like signing him on the 24th vs after the 8th matters all that much. Part of me is also scared that he'll reject us, so the longer that can is pushed down the road the more mental damage I can do to myself worrying about something so trivial.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I wouldn't mind if they went on a run here. It's always fun to see underdogs do some damage. It's not like signing him on the 24th vs after the 8th matters all that much. Part of me is also scared that he'll reject us, so the longer that can is pushed down the road the more mental damage I can do to myself worrying about something so trivial.

His signing bonus will get prorated and that could create a cap issue, if he signs too late. 

One year ELCs get nasty when there’re only a few days left in the season. The earlier he signs, the lower the cap hit will be.

From CapFriendly:

How is the cap hit calculated for one year contracts signed after the start of the season?

If a player is signed to a one year contract after the start of the NHL season, that contract is subject to a unique cap hit calculation.

A notable aspect of the calculation is that the cap hit value is increased.

The cap hit is calculated as follows:
Cap hit = Signing bonus × total season days / season days remaining + base salary

Example:
Brogan Rafferty of the Vancouver Canucks signed a one year ELC on April 2, 2019. The contract has a base salary of $832,500, a signing bonus of $92,500, and there were 4 days remaining in the 186 day season:
Cap hit = $92,500 × 186 / 4 + $832,500
Cap hit: $5,133,750

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

His signing bonus will get prorated and that could create a cap issue, if he signs too late. 

One year ELCs get nasty when there’re only a few days left in the season. The earlier he signs, the lower the cap hit will be.

From CapFriendly:

How is the cap hit calculated for one year contracts signed after the start of the season?

If a player is signed to a one year contract after the start of the NHL season, that contract is subject to a unique cap hit calculation.

A notable aspect of the calculation is that the cap hit value is increased.

The cap hit is calculated as follows:
Cap hit = Signing bonus × total season days / season days remaining + base salary

Example:
Brogan Rafferty of the Vancouver Canucks signed a one year ELC on April 2, 2019. The contract has a base salary of $832,500, a signing bonus of $92,500, and there were 4 days remaining in the 186 day season:
Cap hit = $92,500 × 186 / 4 + $832,500
Cap hit: $5,133,750

Numbers are confusing. I hate them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Other teams are signing collegiate FAs, but no action with the Canucks yet.  This is increasing my hope that they are targeting Livingstone and hopefully have a verbal agreement in place.

Come on down Jake. Good Creston boy!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:14 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

If Calgary fires Sutter this offseason they could be a contender as early as next year. Say they hire Bruce, who teaches them to have fun and enjoy the game again. That mixed with a strong fundamental game could be like what the Canucks had when Bruce took over for Green, but better. If Marky gets back to his game and the team gets a coach they will play for, I think they are back atop the Pacific next year 

Nah, they'll probably hire Travis Green :bigblush:  

6 minutes ago, kodos said:

Way more opportunity for him to succeed and get minutes on the Canucks…

Livingston? If he comes here he had the opportunity to play with Hughes. He would have the best chance with us to build his resume for a bigger second contract. Who, on the Flames, will be like Hughes for a partner? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

it's been awfully quiet with Livingstone. No rumors out there with who he might sign with. 

Yeh I'm a bit concerned about this but wonder if it's just because the tournament's still going on and surely once it's over, there'll be more buzz. I can't think of a better place for him, the writing really is on the wall. Big, tall, strong, early 20-year old RD from BC with a spot with his name on it next to Quinn Hughes. This should be a freebie, hope management don't mess this one up.

• Cheers 2