The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - NYI

Seannnp

• Seannnp changed the title to [Proposal] VAN - NYI
3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

You think Horvat can net you that much? 

You'd be surprised if it's more closer to Horvat: Dobson 1 for 1. 

I'd do Horvat and Schenn for Dobson.  I'd give up pretty much any player on the Canucks for Dobson outside of Petey.  Yes, I'd trade Hughes for Dobson.

6 hours ago, Seannnp said:

To Van

Wahlstrom

Dobson

2nd in 2023

2nd in 2024

To NYI

Horvat

Schenn 

Who says no? 

NYI will never move Dobson 23 - 6'3, RD -52 points last season. This is a untouchable player NYI build around.. NYI say big no..

Canucks would  crazy not to make this trade..

Horvat 27- Hoglander 21 - 

Wahlstrom--22 - Romanov 22  -6'1 210 -LD/RD-- 1st RD 2023

• Like 1

They don't need centers (Barzal - Nelson - Pageau - Cizikas).
I'd rather try to do Boeser (2 years left, $6.65 mil, around 0.7 points/ game) for Beauvillier (speedy but currently unproductive former 1st round pick, $4.15 mil for 1 more year; gamble that his speed might gel well with Bo and Miller) and Scott Mayfield (pending UFA, 3rd pair RHD who's played big minutes, $1.45 million current cap hit; with Dobson and Pulock already locked up, he might be a pricey 3rd pair RD, and they also need to sign or replace Varlamov and Wahlstrom (RFA)).  They aren't scoring much, but Boeser's good for around 25-30 goal pace in a good year.

Edited by Phil_314

14 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

They don't need centers (Barzal - Nelson - Pageau - Cizikas).
I'd rather try to do Boeser (2 years left, $6.65 mil, around 0.7 points/ game) for Beauvillier (speedy but currently unproductive former 1st round pick, $4.15 mil for 1 more year; gamble that his speed might gel well with Bo and Miller) and Scott Mayfield (pending UFA, 3rd pair RHD who's played big minutes, $1.45 million current cap hit; with Dobson and Pulock already locked up, he might be a pricey 3rd pair RD, and they also need to sign or replace Varlamov and Wahlstrom (RFA)).  They aren't scoring much, but Boeser's good for around 25-30 goal pace in a good year.

They certainly don't need a C and didn't last year when there were trade rumours with the Canucks.

I've always suspected that they were interested in Brock as their roster weakness is RW.  If that's the case,
trading for Beauvillier would pay the bulk of Brock's contract (they have +$2.4m cap space). Unfortunately.

I think the Isle's would push to send Bailey to Van.

I notice that the Islanders are lacking in LD prospects, which may up the value of a Brock trade.

To NYI:   Boeser + Rathbone

To VC:  Beauvillier (but probably Bailey) + Raty(C)

Dobson is about as valuable as a player gets. Top young RD or top-2 all-around center? I think most teams would take a top pairing RD to be honest. 

So Dobson for Horvat + Rathbone/2nd would probably be fair. A straight swap might happen, we don't see those super-star deals anymore but could be fun. Of course I'd do it in a heart-beat but I don't think NYI would and that just tells you - Dobson is very valuable to that team.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

They certainly don't need a C and didn't last year when there were trade rumours with the Canucks.

I've always suspected that they were interested in Brock as their roster weakness is RW.  If that's the case,
trading for Beauvillier would pay the bulk of Brock's contract (they have +$2.4m cap space). Unfortunately.

I think the Isle's would push to send Bailey to Van.

I notice that the Islanders are lacking in LD prospects, which may up the value of a Brock trade.

To NYI:   Boeser + Rathbone

To VC:  Beauvillier (but probably Bailey) + Raty(C)

I'd prefer Beauviller over Bailey though, since Josh likely doesn't have the potential to rebound as a player since he's already in his 30's (though he'd probably help throughout the lineup and especially on the PK), whereas AB and BB are the same age.  Getting Raty back would be a great add so we'd have a ready successor for when Bo gets dealt (he almost cracked their lineup).  Not sure how much Rathbone tips the needle though, since their Sebastian Aho and another LHD prospect (Salo) are both smaller puck movers.

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'd prefer Beauviller over Bailey though, since Josh likely doesn't have the potential to rebound as a player since he's already in his 30's (though he'd probably help throughout the lineup and especially on the PK), whereas AB and BB are the same age.  Getting Raty back would be a great add so we'd have a ready successor for when Bo gets dealt (he almost cracked their lineup).  Not sure how much Rathbone tips the needle though, since their Sebastian Aho and another LHD prospect (Salo) are both smaller puck movers.

I'd prefer Beauviller as well, but I'm not sure Brock's value is right now.  Basically Bailey is a cap dump so

that the NYI can make the trade.  That's why I slipped in Raty

If Canucks want Beauviller, they will have to add a young player or prospect in the trade.  I don't think

the Nucks want to let go of Hogs just yet, so maybe Karlsson?  He has potential and still has another

year before RFA.

I would love to see the Nucks ending up with Beauviller + Raty.  They also free up $2.5m cap space.

56 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'd prefer Beauviller as well, but I'm not sure Brock's value is right now.  Basically Bailey is a cap dump so that the NYI can make the trade.  That's why I slipped in Raty

If Canucks want Beauviller, they will have to add a young player or prospect in the trade.  I don't think the Nucks want to let go of Hogs just yet, so maybe Karlsson?  He has potential and still has another year before RFA.

I would love to see the Nucks ending up with Beauviller + Raty.  They also free up $2.5m cap space.

Here's Beauvillier's stats, not exactly game-breaking so I think at worst it's 1-for-1. 

image.thumb.png.c6a9b152806ac3edf6318e8f5b2768c1.png

Knowing our management we might foolishly throw in a pick but I really hope not.

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Here's Beauvillier's stats, not exactly game-breaking so I think at worst it's 1-for-1. 

image.thumb.png.c6a9b152806ac3edf6318e8f5b2768c1.png

Knowing our management we might foolishly throw in a pick but I really hope not.

Adding Raty makes it more than a 1-1 trade.

• Cheers 1