The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

8 minutes ago, D-Money said:

You’re not getting Schneider AND Lafreniere. But getting 1 would be a nice building block.

Ya I would be happy with either one. Prefer Schneider though. Laf and Petey can also be interesting as well, change of scenery, new coach and playing with Petey could get Laf going.

59 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Teams won't make decisions based off fans but fans can influence teams for the direction they want ( unless your the Canucks )

When our trash media puts out endless Miller hate articles granted he deserves it... Other teams low end media around the league pick this sort of stuff up to add to the traffic to their page. Ain't nobody out east will stay up and watch Vancouver games. If all they saw was 10 sec clips, Positive praise and the stat sheet many would think he's a great top 6 guys. Very durable and still remains around a PPG for multiple years In a row.

Serverson is literally Myers 2.0, But because NJ media doesn't pump out articles of him being as bad as he is... many out west believe he's a good player. But he's not.

Same with Colton parayako. He's horrible but you never see STL media suggest that so again many out west are lead to believe he's still this top pair hulking Dman.

It does matter lol

I respect your opinion, but personally, I think you're overestimating our influence. GM's make their own decisions based on overall capabilities of specific players and how they believe they will fit into their lineup. Miller has had a few rough stretches with some questionable decision making, but he's still extremely capable of putting up a point per game average, especially if he's playing wing as his primary position. He's a power forward, but right now, we're not exactly using him in that capacity. We're positioning him on the fringe as a shooting weapon, I personally think we should also be trying him in front of the net where he can use his size and hands on deflections. Not always, I would just like to see us mix up our approach to powerplay a little more and become a little less predictable.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I respect your opinion, but personally, I think you're overestimating our influence. GM's make their own decisions based on overall capabilities of specific players and how they believe they will fit into their lineup. Miller has had a few rough stretches with some questionable decision making, but he's still extremely capable of putting up a point per game average, especially if he's playing wing as his primary position. He's a power forward, but right now, we're not exactly using him in that capacity. We're positioning him on the fringe as a shooting weapon, I personally think we should also be trying him in front of the net where he can use his size and hands on deflections. Not always, I would just like to see us mix up our approach to powerplay a little more and become a little less predictable.

The voice of the people can influence massive decisions though. Granted we need arena chants and banners flown ^_^

Armchair GMing is on another level in 2023! We must set the new standard of fan voting system GM! :lol:

• Haha 1

Unless this would be a cap clearing trade that enables us to get a top 4 D or two afterwards put me as a hard no. Every single fan of this team actually agrees on something: we need better D-men. That is the only thing they should be looking for, because it’s our teams biggest hole. Using some of our few valuable assets to grab a winger who are in plentiful stock instead of D, which are rare is management malpractice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

Lafrenière Bedard Petterson. 

_____ Horvat  _____

not Pearson 

_____ _____ _____

Hughes _____

_____ ______

Schenn _____

:bigblush:

Laf-bedard-Podz

Kuz-EP-Mikheyev

Jeannot-Johansen-McDonough

PK-lazar-PK

Podz and laf with Bedard to shoot their value to the moon and possibly flip one of them for a real good young dman eventually. 

I got nothing in terms of change to our blueline by next year though lol. I'd move schenn for a young guy looking to break into the league but lack opportunities. But I need a garentee schenn is signing a multi year in the summer.

Trades.

NYR: Laf + ???

for

VAN: Horvat

Dallas: Borque + khudobin ( young RHC and cap dump )

For

VAN: Boeser

Winnipeg: salomannson + pick ( young RHD )

For

VAN: Garland 

Nashville: Ryan Johansen + jeannot

For

VAN: Miller + hoglander + maybe a pick 

( Borque is the young RHC that will replace RJ in 2 years ) 

Goal? Get better players, Youth AND upcoming capspace. Assuming this draft goes well we could shoot our pool into the top 16 while improving the one ice product at the same time.

::D GMMT

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well the just started putting their stamp on the team, this isn’t the end of their build whatsoever. 

I want to believe this, I do, but I can't get past the fact that not a single move they've made thus far, and there's been several,  have made this team significantly better than before they got here - this can't be disputed as the record in the standings bares this out.

Furthermore,  nothing they've done makes us that much better down the road either,  in fact one could argue the JTM signing makes us worse down the road. 

But as I've said many times,  any lifelong Canucks fan has to have one thing above all else - patience.   

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

You’re not getting Schneider AND Lafreniere. But getting 1 would be a nice building block.

yeah. i tend to agree that we're not getting both for Bo. we'd have to add for sure. 

no picks to the rangers please, especially 1sts in this year's draft. if they're included, i'd be pretty upset, cause that's going to be another high pick. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I want to believe this, I do, but I can't get past the fact that not a single move they've made thus far, and there's been several,  have made this team significantly better than before they got here - this can't be disputed as the record in the standings bares this out.

Furthermore,  nothing they've done makes us that much better down the road either,  in fact one could argue the JTM signing makes us worse down the road. 

But as I've said many times,  any lifelong Canucks fan has to have one thing above all else - patience.   

It would be easier to stomach if every move didn't contradict another.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Absolutely Bo is worth those two and more.  Keenan got Bert and McAbe for Linden.  Very similar circumstances.  

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol because that's the same.

Good point.  Bert and McAbe were far better players than Lafrenierre and Schneider.  Can’t see those guys putting up big numbers and being tough as hell like our two guys did.  Rageroos need to add.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

If we move Bo for something around Laf and Schneider. Then fall down and we can draft one of those top 3 centres, it would be a really nice start to turnaround the team and start building around Pettersson and Hughes. Give the team direction and probably gets Pettersson to sign long term.

Garland+ for something around Carlo?

Miller to BOS, 1 for 1 for Lysell? They need a C with Bergeron bound for retirement. Probably don’t have the cap for it tho.

Laf - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Mikh - 2023 Drafted C - Lysell

Hughes - Schneider

OEL - Carlo

You're dreaming......but wouldn't that be nice.

Some articles suggest Van would need to add to the package with Bo to get Laf.  IMO they're dreaming.......but we're not getting both for Bo.

Bugs me that the rumours have the Canucks making these trades for wingers.  We need D badly and we need to offload contracts badly.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • There it is 1

I don't know.  I've watched him a few times on the satellite, and he does have skill, but he just strikes me as Yashin 2.0 in too many ways.  Some real bone-headed plays, and a sulky attitude when a play goes wrong, which makes me think that's why he hasn't gotten a fair chance at prime offensive opportunities.  Gallant mixes his lines quite a bit, but he favors players who play a thinking kind of game, who know what needs to be done to win and can instinctively do it and make concessions for the good of the team.  Scratched Kakko in the playoffs and others at times to win, and said as much.  AF has talent, but he seems to be a one man show more than a team guy, and now that his growth has been impaired by the Rangers, who knows what we'd get in terms of him as a player.  Bad fit on this team the way it is right now, so hard pass for me, but knowing the Canucks ... 

Lafreniere is a luxury for the Rangers.  He never had a chance to play in the top 6 with Panarin and Kreider ahead of him.  They also have Othmann coming up so there is no room for Lafreniere at all on the Rangers.

He will be traded at some point I think. Rangers need some help with their playoff run, they got Copp last year so this year Horvat makes sense for them. 

Horvat is obviously a guy they can use. They can move Trocheck to RW or play him as the 3C.  With Horvat they would be deep down the middle. 

Schneider has to be a piece coming back. Canucks can’t afford to trade their best trade chip only for a winger. They need to get back either a centre or a RHD.

Horvat, Schenn and Rathbone makes sense for the Rangers for a deep playoff run and add a good prospect back in Rathbone who would be reunited with Fox. Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st round pick makes sense for Vancouver. The Rangers have the extra 1st this year in the Lundkvist trade so they can afford to give up one of their 1st round picks.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2