The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

57 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He'd instantly be the best RHD on the Oilers, who are still deluded enough to think they are contenders.

The Oilers might not even make the playoffs though. If they are in the hunt that could be a trade partner. They can’t fit him under the cap though. Who do we take back? 

I mean, can only hope that management actually does the right thing by trading the mistake they signed. 

I know management has to say all the right things publicly, but internally, I really hope that they don't believe what they're saying publicly. 

If there are four teams interested, then he should be traded to any one of those four. If Miller's not moved before the deadline, I'd be disappointed. 

Management has a way to correct things. Trade Miller, keep Bo. Keep that room stable. 

Miller to me is like a ticking time bomb. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The Leafs have 2 NHLers in Brodie and Gio.  Myers would give them an NHLer on the right side though.

And watch him get crucified when he makes a mistake in his own zone and they lose in the first round of the playoffs in 4 straight. 

8 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

…OR give him Bo’s “C”!

At least we'll win a few draft lotteries in the next decade if we did that. Having Miller as captain would damage our culture so bad it would take an entire roster turnover to get that out of the system.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Shayster007 said:

At least we'll win a few draft lotteries in the next decade if we did that. Having Miller as captain would damage our culture so bad it would take an entire roster turnover to get that out of the system.

Has a team ever bought out a captain. 
3- 4 years from now that’s what that contract is going be. 

I really wish the canucks would hurry up and make the moves they need to make. 

I'd like to start cheering for the team again but am on standby until the moves are made so that I don't waste my breath on players that will be leaving soon. 

Im waiting for what will be left of the team once we hit the rebuild button and then will start cheering for them again. Til then, I'll go through the motions like the rest of the team and be a casual fan

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

JR and PA underestimated :

1. What a convoluted mess they were inheriting

2.The frustration of the fans

3.The complexity of moving contracts and making trades in the flat cap covid era.

4: the value of buying low on top 4 RHD that actually play sound defense

Lets not pretend management are victims here. Marino in, Miller out for a haul during the summer and we are sitting much prettier than we are now. This isn't hindsight stuff, there was a lot of us that wanted both of those things during the summer. The Marino trade was in the works for months prior. It wasn't some spur of the moment thing. Rutherford should have been in on that. Miller never should have been extended. We seen his cry baby antics for years. Why are we surprised now?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1