The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

It will be interesting to see how many of Aqua-Lini's "Suits" he places in the stairwells of the lower bowl to quickly run-out and rip protest signs out of people hands tonight (like the last game) before they are captured on TV.  What a classless organization.

November/December 2020 | Cigar Aficionado

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's a dead man walking coming in to replace a dead man walking. Short of it being a widely respected guy like Trotz most coaches walking in would have a hard time given how loved Bruce has been. It being Tocchet with all his baggage, his Pittsburgh connections, and so on just paints a bigger target on his back. 

After all the emotion fades, I think this could end up being the right decision 

our single biggest problem has been attitude. JR called it from the first day - it’s a country club environment. I love Bruce but he’s too good of a human. We need real accountability, practice habits, high expectations. 

I don’t know if tocchet will make us a high performing team before he is replaced too, but I’m pretty sure the locker room will be completely different after his tenure. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Foote was an incredible stay at home dman and Gonchar was epic all around.  I know people are upset but Gaining Tochett, Gonchar and Foote over King and Yeo.....guys   why aren't we happier.  This is epic..

Because Tocchet more than cancels out any upgrade.  He's a locker room cancer and career criminal, and as such is not welcome here.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

It will be interesting to see how many of Aqua-Lini's "Suits" he places in the stairwells of the lower bowl to quickly run-out and rip protest signs out of people hands tonight (like the last game) before they are captured on TV.  What a classless organization.

image.gif.0585b39b5bafda2e8053673058fad79f.gif

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

My favorite coach since Quinn. Love this guy! They did him dirty and he handled it with class! His passion for the game is inspiring! 

Bruce, there it is!

Nov_07_2019_21_49_34.gif

What do you expect from an owner and management like this, no class or morals what so ever.

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Sat Shaw being very critical of our owner’s hiring of Boudreau (for a two year contract) before hiring JR.  And when hiring JR telling him Boudreau is only hired for one year.  I wonder if Aquilini tries to get Sat Shaw fired?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Listening to 650,

I can’t stand how they’re framing what the fans are gonna do tonight. The fans are just respecting Bruce. 

They’re sending a message to ownership and management that they/we have Bruce’s back and we don’t agree with their decision. 

f**king tone deaf organization. :picard:

Saw earlier on Twitter a repost by Wyatt Arendt of a comment made that the Canucks Management are aware of how badly their treatment of Bruce has made the Organization look but they just don't care… disgusting 

no players are going to want to come here. If they didn't already have a coach basically hired I doubt any quality coaches would want to come into this mess of a team. How are we supposed to have faith that this management group can build a winning team after witnessing their incompetence in this situation. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

2D621A23-960E-4613-B1B3-E7682575E99F.gif

Just now, Alflives said:

Sat Shaw being very critical of our owner’s hiring of Boudreau (for a two year contract) before hiring JR.  And when hiring JR telling him Boudreau is only hired for one year.  I wonder if Aquilini tries to get Sat Shaw fired?  

FA might move up in my books if he did

• There it is 1

I like the sound of Gonchar and Foote as assistants, based on their names.  Looking closer:

Gonchar won a few cups working with the D in Pittsburgh.  

Foote was a lacklustre run as head coach with the Kelowna Rockets.  

Both have been out of the game since 2020.  Tocchet was done in 2021.  Certainly not a slam dunk for success, but I do like that they’ve had a few years to reflect and grow.  

Will eat up some time while Colliton marinates in Abby at least.

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

After all the emotion fades, I think this could end up being the right decision 

our single biggest problem has been attitude. JR called it from the first day - it’s a country club environment. I love Bruce but he’s too good of a human. We need real accountability, practice habits, high expectations. 

I don’t know if tocchet will make us a high performing team before he is replaced too, but I’m pretty sure the locker room will be completely different after his tenure. 

Moving on from Bruce isn't the wrong move, how they've approached going about handling that transition this season has been a mountain of flaming tires encircling a circus though. They could have shut their trap and just ridden things out, most fans knew he wasn't coming back. 

The fanbase is pushing back against how he's been treated because of how he's been treated not because they think he's in the running for a Jack Adams. 

Tocchet was a shit choice, no bones about it. We probably could have done better if we'd been patient, bringing in a new coach isn't going to fix anything at this point in the season. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 3