The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trotz had "no interest" in Canucks Head Coaching Job

Rate this topic

well it's just saying canucks will have a rough time if they ever want a reputable coach anytime soon in the future.. Vancouver would not be at the top of their list if there are choices.. and reputable good coaches usually have choices.. hence we get the bottom of the barrel guys with pretty bad head coaching resumes XD

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He said he wasn’t interested in coaching period, he wasn’t just referencing the Canucks.  Also, he reached out to Boudreau 6 weeks ago, it wasn’t just recently with all of the Tocchet stuff.

“I just watched Bruce go through hell," Trotz said. "I reached out to Bruce. I said, 'I don’t have any interest in your job or anything.' This was probably about six weeks ago. I said, 'Listen, I watch and know what’s going on. Sometimes you need to talk to someone outside the game, just to have another person to vent on. Here’s my number.' And he really appreciated it."

No idea what you are adding lol.. 

The reason Trotz reached out to Boudreau is obviously because the Canucks offered him a job, he declined it and called Boudreau after. The fact that Trotz as an outsider thinks we treated Boudreau unfairly remains. 

Trotz even hinted that management's the main problem here with a roster of poor defense and poor goaltending. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

The reason Trotz reached out to Boudreau is obviously because the Canucks offered him a job, he declined it and called Boudreau after. The fact that Trotz as an outsider thinks we treated Boudreau unfairly remains. 

Trotz even hinted that management's the main problem here with a roster of poor defense and poor goaltending. 

Tocchet was lined up to take the job since the summer. He and the team have eluded to discussions go back that far.

Trotz like any other can have his opinions. The fact he reached out to Bruce before the new year is a classy move towards an elder in the coaching ranks.

This specific story Trotz mentions he has no intention of coaching right now. Thats pretty simple cut and dry.....unless your in Vancouver and convinced its means something lol.

If someone is interested in coaching in the NHL you can bet Vancouver is an option every time if its presented. There is 32 NHL coaching positions in the world. Vancouver is a great city. The team has an owner that will spend to the cap and more so outside player personnel. The fans when you are winning can really put on a show with their affection.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He said he wasn’t interested in coaching period, he wasn’t just referencing the Canucks.  Also, he reached out to Boudreau 6 weeks ago, it wasn’t just recently with all of the Tocchet stuff.

“I just watched Bruce go through hell," Trotz said. "I reached out to Bruce. I said, 'I don’t have any interest in your job or anything.' This was probably about six weeks ago. I said, 'Listen, I watch and know what’s going on. Sometimes you need to talk to someone outside the game, just to have another person to vent on. Here’s my number.' And he really appreciated it."

This franchise is an embarrassment  

4 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Bruce was not JR’s coach.  Last summer JR wanted to move on.  Our owner said no.  Seravelli talked about this on 650.  If Seravelli knows our owner is meddling in actual hockey ops decisions, then lots of people in the game know.  Trotz obviously will not work for that kind of owner.  

• Vintage 2

As I have been saying, and many of you have also stated, this administration is a mess! Until it stabilizes, we will not get a quality coach, and I worry about any quality players wanting to come here. I am sure Rutherford has his favorite agents, but we will pay a premium for players. It worries me that Horvat wants out, as it may be the tip of the iceberg.

Rutherford needs to come out and announce a well thought out plan, that is achievable, and that the fans can get behind. (It is not that we are GM's, but collectively, we have a voice, that is heard in every other teams dressing room. If we are all whining, and not happy, that echo's) It is important to make a plan and show progress. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

As I have been saying, and many of you have also stated, this administration is a mess! Until it stabilizes, we will not get a quality coach, and I worry about any quality players wanting to come here. I am sure Rutherford has his favorite agents, but we will pay a premium for players. It worries me that Horvat wants out, as it may be the tip of the iceberg.

Rutherford needs to come out and announce a well thought out plan, that is achievable, and that the fans can get behind. (It is not that we are GM's, but collectively, we have a voice, that is heard in every other teams dressing room. If we are all whining, and not happy, that echo's) It is important to make a plan and show progress. 

JR did announce a plan.  It’s the same plan since Aquilini bought the team.  Trade for younger NHL players, who have struggled during their first few years but have a draft pedigree.  Turn over the supporting cast with these kinds of guys by using futures as trade chips.  The plan is clear; many fans just don’t like it.  

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Pretty much blasts our management team. He himself says Bruce's treatment was tough to watch and that "everyone recognizes it".

Even personally reached out to him to console him and said he had no interest at all in the Canucks job.

Then goes on to praise the Maple Leafs........

If I didn't think things could get even more embarrassing, they did. 

Full article here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/trotz-talks-maple-leafs-calls-canucks-slow-firing-of-boudreau-tough-to-watch/

Shows that the respectable coaches in the league (Trotz being one of them) in this league are all taking notice and are pretty turned off by this organization.

Thanks to those dingbats in management.

What a clown show.

Not making excuses for the shit show that we are, but I'm not reading too much into these comments by Trotz.  He's got all the leverage, whether our organization was all class or not, he wouldn't be interested in the job anyways, because we don't have a contending roster.  Trotz has the luxury of choosing where he wants to go next, that will be a contender or team on the rise.  So that's easy to say when you're in that position.  If he had no opportunity elsewhere and wanted to come back his story would be different.

He praises the Maple Leafs, but not too long ago that same management team let Babcock humiliates his players without doing anything.  So, that's a pretty selective memory if you ask me.

If miraculously the Canucks start winning under this management, everyone will lineup to coach this team.