The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

21 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

My secondary reaction, as well.  This team sure loves dishing out money to wingers.

But with a good Bo return and a rumoured 2nd-ish value of Boeser there might be some hope. 

I cant see a world where you get a 2nd for Boeser unless we retain like 3m. Are we really at that point? Is this what management calls a "smart hockey move" not allowing assets to leave without any compensation but having an elephant in the agreement?

As stated last spring; Priorities: 1) Create cap....spent ~27m on wingers 2) Rebuild Defense....acquire 7/8th level guys and one 5/6

#Failure

• elephant 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I was saying the same thing Drance was re: trading Kuz… but now that he’s signed it isn’t hard to pivot into a positive take and look to other places moves can be made. 

The endless need to huff and moan over everything in this market is just exasperating. 

trade him for what a late 1st and B+ prospect, no thx, is someone going to give up their top prospect who is nil ready now for a guy who is not a two way player and who has never played on the nhl playoffs ever? hockey changes in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Every measurable statistic says it's likely he will regress in production, not increase. Even if he does somehow increase, his value in 2 years at 5.5 isn't nearly as high as as right now at under a million.

Maybe, but do those statistics and comparable a factor in the fact that his is still an NHL rookie? Increasing comfort with the NHL game should surely offset a slight age related decline in this case, wouldn’t you think? 

I really don’t think those averages make much sense in this case. Likewise I think his unique situation probably deflated his value as a rental. Better to sign him. I am willing to bet it will prove to be a great signing. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I refuse to give up hope and this move gives me a little hope that this management group has an inkling of vision.  I'm not giving up that will see the core to build around as

Petey

Bo

Hughes

Kuz

Demko

Podz

Hogz

Sorry.

• elephant 2

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes, Rick. They invited Bo’s agent to the city but then left him hanging once they signed Kuz. :picard:

Media just loves to connect dots that aren’t there. They’ve been talking about this extension for weeks. This didn’t just come

up suddenly.

Rick really has gone downhill. Trying too hard to be an insider. He needs to just stick to facts.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dan Milstein just gave it to Donnie Taylor.  Taylor was trying to get Milstein to trash the Canucks management.  Milstein called him out on that and said these guys have won multiple cups in Pittsburgh.

Our media are a bunch of parasites...

Says a Agent that makes millions off of the leagues Front offices. Agent Rules 1) Don't piss off clients 2) Don't piss of league front offices 

• Wat 1

So what's the plan? 

For the team to improve... 

Clearly Brock and Myers has to go

Bo has to go for cap / contract demand reasons

OEL needs to go but contract is impossible to move. 

Garland is a maybe

Could they potentially use the assets from

Boeser (2nd round) 

Bo (prospect, 1st and maybe a 2nd)

Schenn (2nd round) 

To get rid of OEL (a 2nd and cap retained) 

Ride out 1 more year of Myers (trade at next year's deadline) or retain now and trade him

So outgoing would be. 

Bo, Boeser, OEL + 2nd round pick, Myers Schenn

Incoming

Prospect + 1st (from Horvat trade) + 2nd

2nd rounder (Boeser) 

2nd rounder (Schenn) 

Basically we got rid of 3 of our top 4 D men.... 

How do you fill this? 

We would need an RD from the Horvat trade and then we would have 2 firsts and 3nds (including our own picks) to draft a centre and some d men. 

Pearson goes on LTIR next year

Kuz Petey Mikheyev 

Garland Miller Podkolzin

Hogz Joshua Pederson 

Studnicka Lazar Lockwood 

Hughes (RD from Horvat trade) 

Dermott Bear 

Burroughs Rathbone 

Demko

Ouch

This looks terrible

We would need Klim, Karlsson, Lekkermaki to pan out

Rathbone to make the jump 

And make sure we draft a stud D or 2 with one of our 2 firsts and 3 2nds...

Top 4 D don't grow on trees... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Donnie was a lot more fun when he was a happy go lucky smart alek.  They let big ry talk too much and they’re just all so bitter now. 

Taylor used to be my favourite one out of all of them.  I enjoyed him for so many years.  He is an old bitter man now.  He's almost not listenable anymore.  To be honest, I enjoy Dhaliwal because he is funny.  If it wasn't for Dhaliwal, I wouldn't even listen to Taylor and that show anymore...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Devron said:

@Alflives no bye Kuz missile. Must be part of the core ;)

Give him a bit, he needs to reconfigure his script

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So PA/JR aren't completely messed up.

Just mostly

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I refuse to give up hope and this move gives me a little hope that this management group has an inkling of vision.  I'm not giving up that will see the core to build around as

Petey

Bo

Hughes

Kuz

Demko

Podz

Hogz

Miller to the moon for a pile of space rocks

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1