The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

M109 Paladin Tank Ugly Christmas Sweater Army Armed Forces - Etsy Canada

Honestly, i want that sweater’. Canuck themed. 

Make it a ‘side hustle’. 

Knitted and put bit up for sale. 

Blue and Green or Black and Orange. 

Screw the corporate money. Give our money to our locals. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This..... 1st round picks this year could franchise changing even outside the magic top 3 or 5.....

Imagine getting one of those with 12th pick. 
Benning drafted a few good players later in the first round.... Brock and McCann...

but they are not quite at the level of the 6 you mentioned. 
Drafting 2 players at that level, would definitely change the future of this franchise. 

Again, it's the top 5 driving that narrative.  After #5 it drops off significantly, but is still good.  By #10-11 it drops off more and after that it's above average, but nothing spectacular.  The buzz about the top 5 is creating the narrative.  Lou didn't pick #12 out of a hat, he knows the draft comes back to earth after that.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty expensive cost just to get rid of Beauvillier.

If he flips bo and at least gets back a similar package, it's a pretty shrewd move.  It's pretty common knowledge they've been trying to dump AB and couldn't.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Make it a ‘side hustle’. 

It'd definitely sell, all someone would have to do is post links on CDC, reddit, HF, and so on 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, it absolutely is. But it doesn't take a genius to recognize that the game today is a far cry from the 80's and 90's let alone the rough and tumble of the 2000's. That old school game had it's last gasp during the early 2010's on teams like Boston and LA. 

Game has changed.

Although it probably has lessened it still exists, especially in the playoffs. 

We turned the other cheek , so to speak, in 2011 and what did it get us? 

Not a Cup!!!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Again, it's the top 5 driving that narrative.  After #5 it drops off significantly, but is still good.  By #10-11 it drops off more and after that it's above average, but nothing spectacular.  The buzz about the top 5 is creating the narrative.  Lou didn't pick #12 out of a hat, he knows the draft comes back to earth after that.

It's a very deep draft. Lots of good players in the top 15.

• Huggy Bear 1

The NHL youtube posted a highlight reel of the players involved in the trade. Beauvillier has some wheels and is a really good passer. With Miller at center I could see him setting up Miller for some nice goals. Oddly enough, I really think Beauvillier and Horvat would have been a good combo. Lol. Playmaking winger with more of a scoring centerman.

Raty has some really nice hands and a great shot. People were joking, but I actually do think a line of Hogs, Raty and Pod could be pretty fun to watch. Lol. I know people are mad at the trade. Raty at worst imo, is the two way 3rd line center we been wanting. At best he can be a good if not great 2nd line center. His toolbox is amazing, he has great size, and is a good skater. I think he just needs confidence. Lets not forget, the kid has only just turned 20 in November. Don't sleep on him.

I just hope we trade Miller before Raty comes around. Miller doesn't seem like the good mentor type, I'll leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Make it a ‘side hustle’. 

Blue and Green or Black and Orange. 

Screw the corporate money. Give our money to our locals. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There’s only one way down. 

Then there’s only one way up. 

Better than being in the frickin middle.

I would rather one year of being on top and ten years of being at the bottom than endless mediocrity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Isam said:

To early to say that phil. This trade is gonna be judged by the first that we pick or we trade knowing our dysfunctional franchise.

I hope this signals a flurry of trades this season. Just filet the motherf**ker. And draft well. 

And no captain for the rest of the season.

At least this feckless management group could show Bo some respect by leaving the C vacant until next season. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Well we got Bo (a pick) for Schneider.Now we get two players and a 1st.Seems to me we can't ask for more then that from one player we traded so many years ago 

AB is a negative, not a positive.  The Canuvks got their top prospect and pick, but the Isles got Bo and got rid of an anchor cap hit.  Now if they flip bo at the tdl.........

Just now, EdgarM said:

Although it probably has lessened it still exists, especially in the playoffs. 

We turned the other cheek , so to speak, in 2011 and what did it get us? 

Not a Cup!!!!! :lol:

I mean, even in the playoffs you don't see the fighting and whatnot a lot anymore 

You just see more scrums, but the stakes are higher and you're playing a seven game series

Teams aren't "tough" in the way older fans want them to be "tough"

I see it a lot on this forum, some folks really seem to yearn for a brand of hockey they'll likely never see again at the NHL level