The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 13, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

Where the hell did you get that from ??? Did I say they could predict the score. No,I did not. but with some effort they can be respectable  losses won;t turn into so may embarrassments

No it's always super embarrassing unless you can predict the exact score. Doesn't anyone get it?

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boudreau had Horvat and Mikheyev in the lineup.  I’m sure that made a difference. Mikheyev even with one leg is better defensively than most of our forwards. 

sure but horvat and mikheyev in your lineup u ain't all of a sudden going to go from giving up 4.375+ goals per game to under 3. all i'm saying is the so call structure have nothing to do with this team being horrible defensively.. it's the lack of players that are capable of playing defense on this team bring in barry trotz while we sitll hav ehorvat and mik we'd probably still be as bad.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is what the punishment will be in tomorrow's practice. ;) 

There’s Miller who beat everyone. According to Alf he’s out of shape but now that Horvat has been traded, he’s the fat one

Edited by Devron

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure but horvat and mikheyev in your lineup u ain't all of a sudden going to go from giving up 4.375+ goals per game to under 3. all i'm saying is the so call structure have nothing to do with this team being horrible defensively.. it's the lack of players that are capable of playing defense on this team bring in barry trotz while we sitll hav ehorvat and mik we'd probably still be as bad.

You're right it's more personnel but it's also quite a bit of structure. Technically you should be able to teach borderline scrubs, young players, and old vets how to play d but it's something we've lacked since Boudreau coached. These players can be better.

15 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

To answer my own question: Di Giuseppe, Burroughs, Bear, Schenn, Lockwood and Delia are the only guys on the roster on expiring deals. 

And it shows.

Let's just get all the players with impending UFA status... and when all of them combine their will, the team will be unstoppable... /s

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There is so much going on here you are unaware of. I can already see the expectation level is different. It takes time to fix f#%ked you're not going to see some huge numerical improvement if that's what you're thinking.

i don't expect huge numerical improvement but i expect slight improvement now that we have a "structure" in place. we are still giving up the exact same if not worse high danger chance as prior to changes with less shots attempt against.. with more blocked shot and less shots against should = lower high danger chance against right? even if it's just 10% less on average? 

1 hour ago, Ballisticsports. said:

I will never understand very well paid NHL players

These guys were to shorten their shifts, yet each time they change it looks like new peewee family skates to the bench

Marathon runners run hard to the end, Rec players I play with put way more effort in doing it for free

In a game of inches and secs those slow motion skates back cost a offensive strike or defensive positioning

Bring in some ECL players or players with desire to win

I don't want them to win in a lost cause season, but this lackadaisical effort always irks me

They're human, but you can see that the players still try to do their best, which is sometimes not very impressive. Quinn chasing after his brother Jack that was on a breakaway is one such example.

25 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Let's just get all the players with impending UFA status... and when all of them combine their will, the team will be unstoppable... /s

Yeah, that’s what I said.  

Let’s be shitty the other way:  you’re right. the team is playing at peak effort and motivation isn’t an issue at all as they get dumped 6-1 to a bad Detroit team at home. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There's no days off and running away from problems under Tocchet.  

I like that he hasn't given them time off.  This team is too soft.