The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Lucic to Van for 2 years 1-1.5M

Curious what people would think about bringing Milan home for minimal money. He fills a void that we clearly need in Vancouver. We need to protect our stars and have always done a poor job at this. We ship Schenn away, Dakota doesnt scare anyone, and even though he has slowed down, he can still put up a few points, log some minutes and lets face it, he still scares people. He's won a cup, knows what it takes and is good with the kids.I remember against ottawa, Watson caught petey with an elbow and it look like it dazed him. Burroughs stepped up and fought, and while he is a gamer and will always show up, he doesnt scare people, if Milan is on the ice/bench. Watson knows his face is going to be even more F*cked up if he extends that elbow. 

I'm all for it, not sure what out bottom 6 looks like.

thoughts?

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 3

1 hour ago, Dr.BRR said:

Curious what people would think about bringing Milan home for minimal money. He fills a void that we clearly need in Vancouver. We need to protect our stars and have always done a poor job at this. We ship Schenn away, Dakota doesnt scare anyone, and even though he has slowed down, he can still put up a few points, log some minutes and lets face it, he still scares people. He's won a cup, knows what it takes and is good with the kids.I remember against ottawa, Watson caught petey with an elbow and it look like it dazed him. Burroughs stepped up and fought, and while he is a gamer and will always show up, he doesnt scare people, if Milan is on the ice/bench. Watson knows his face is going to be even more F*cked up if he extends that elbow. 

I'm all for it, not sure what out bottom 6 looks like.

thoughts?

Bugs Bunny No GIF

What void does he fill?

We need a cheap centre. Or reliable defenceman.

He's not the tough guy he once was.

He's been almost non-existent in the playoffs the past 5 years.

Hard pass.

If we could afford it. I'd rather sign all three Staal brothers. At least there's 2 centres and a defenceman.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Isn't he on record saying he'd like to play here at some point, wouldn't be surprised if his camp had interest 

After the despicable way he has been treated in Vancouver AND the way his family has been treated and even the Church his family attended vandalized, I'm surprised he wants anything to do with the lower mainland let alone live here.  I think the high feelings from hockey fans have subsided since he left Boston and his play tailed off but still.

If he said that he'd like to play here after all of that, he's a bigger man than I am

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

After the despicable way he has been treated in Vancouver AND the way his family has been treated and even the Church his family attended vandalized, I'm surprised he wants anything to do with the lower mainland let alone live here.  I think the high feelings from hockey fans have subsided since he left Boston and his play tailed off but still.

If he said that he'd like to play here after all of that, he's a bigger man than I am

Some folks will never let it go, and while I understand I just can't be bothered to join in. Same goes for Marchand. I'll always be bitter about that cup final but no, I don't care enough to hold on to grudges against either player forever. At the end of the day it was seven games, life goes on. I'll stick to shitting on Messier like many others.

I'm not advocating that we sign Lucic, but no, I don't think I'd fuss a whole lot if management signed him so long as the cost was reasonable.